• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great Video chat / interview with Mark Wilson and son
2 2

10 posts in this topic

On 1/10/2022 at 11:07 AM, sagii said:

Sagii, thanks so much for posting this interview, it was great to watch and felt like a walk down Memory Lane.  Although Mark has been subjected to various criticisms over the years, I will say this based on my personal experiences with him.  I've known him since the late 1980's and always found him to be extremely knowledgeable about comics and collecting, very engaging and customer oriented, and also open and honest about the books he was selling.  The interview is interesting and informative, but in some ways sad as well.  I'm glad to see that he has a good relationship with his son, who seems like a nice kid.

On 1/10/2022 at 8:10 PM, RareHighGrade said:

Sagii, thanks so much for posting this interview, it was great to watch and felt like a walk down Memory Lane.  Although Mark has been subjected to various criticisms over the years, I will say this based on my personal experiences with him.  I've known him since the late 1980's and always found him to be extremely knowledgeable about comics and collecting, very engaging and customer oriented, and also open and honest about the books he was selling.  The interview is interesting and informative, but in some ways sad as well.  I'm glad to see that he has a good relationship with his son, who seems like a nice kid.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! He comes across as all the things you have described. 

Some may be daunted by the length, but when you begin watching it, it moves SO fast with all the great tidbits and insight. I remember those 'catalogs' he used to mail out.

Didn't know about the fate of a lot of the early Timely original art either :whatthe:

Cool video. Fun to hear old time dealer stories. Loved the story about the long box delivered to him at the post office. But when was Detective #27 a “so so” book?

I always think how cool it would be to interview the older dealers that are still with us. There are so many great stories that are just going to fade away with time.

Thanks for posting!

Mark has come in for some stick.

I can't comment on stuff I know nowt about but mark has been nothing but a straight shooter with me...and a true gent over the years.

On 1/11/2022 at 11:59 AM, Robot Man said:

I would love to hear some stories of finds by Howard Rogofsky

Don't know if this has been posted in the past on these boards, but here is a brief interview with Howard Rogofsky from 2014. In it, Howard rehashes a story of an Action Comics/Lone Ranger deal that he originally told in a Comic Book Marketplace article/interview in the 1990s:

https://vimeo.com/392645171