• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Debating submitted Silver Surfer 1 to CGC
3 3

28 posts in this topic

Thanks for all the replies.  I will submit it without a press and get it in before price increase so hopefully will have back in a couple months.  Here are close ups of the worst areas.  The upper left corner doesn’t look as bad as the other spots to me.

16837185-0E07-4359-8BC6-80C8137E2E53.jpeg

68FA225A-FF4B-4898-833D-7A06D292D61B.jpeg

37262376-B3F8-4A8C-B60C-7AA430BCE168.jpeg

On 1/13/2022 at 9:56 AM, William-James88 said:

Can you please post a pic of the spine at the upper corner please? I think that's where the biggest defect is but I can't se it clearly.

And no, a press won't improve the grade offered by CGC.

See above post

On 1/13/2022 at 2:04 PM, AhsokaTano Jedi Apprentice said:

Is there a price increase going thru on slabbing ? What is it and is it across the board ? I'm just getting ready to start submitting again after taking a 5 year break. I know everything goes up but prices looked like they were 5 years ago from what I could tell.

Second increase in the last year and a half.....

05B9D247-D7E9-40AE-9E66-A19BEFC92563.jpeg

5.5 give or take. And I'd love to be wrong, but it looks to me like there may be some color touch hits in the lower right corner (along the long vertical crease to the right of the word 'EPIC'), and possibly along the reader crease near the spine as well.

On 1/15/2022 at 3:55 PM, Point Five said:

5.5 give or take. And I'd love to be wrong, but it looks to me like there may be some color touch hits in the lower right corner (along the long vertical crease to the right of the word 'EPIC'), and possibly along the reader crease near the spine as well.

I had similar thoughts. Unfortunately that could be CT.