• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this mis-graded?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

On 1/12/2022 at 3:34 PM, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

What do graders notes say?

light crease top of back cover
moderate spine stress lines
tear top of front cover

I don't see that crease in the photos, but in the slab, in the white field, it almost certainly won't photograph well and might be hard to see.

On 1/13/2022 at 9:13 AM, Qalyar said:

tear top of front cover

I don't see that crease in the photos, but in the slab, in the white field, it almost certainly won't photograph well and might be hard to see.

If you think its got merits for a bump, crack it, clean/press and resubmit 

Nice book otherwise 

Edited by PunisherPunisherPunisher

You are not crazy. Looks a grade or two better.

I think all my slabs are undergraded. 

Except my sole 9.8 which I think is overgraded.

Thanks for posting.

On 1/12/2022 at 5:13 PM, Qalyar said:

tear top of front cover

This book could be 7.0-7.5 after a press. The book is currently at a much cheaper price market wise than before so you could still submit it for the modern tier after a press. 

However, is the price difference between a 6.0 and 7.0 worth the money that will cost? 

And to answer the question, while the book sure looks nice, we can't know for sure it's misgraded until you remove it from the slab. 

Thanks for the feedback guys.  I was expecting it to come back around 7.5 and am disappointed.  I have seen 6.0s that are so much more beat up and I am debating cracking, pressing again and resubmitting.  I did press it before submitting the first time. I guess I need to figure out if it worth the cost of submitting again for a ‘possible’ 1.0 bump.