• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need an Auction site recommendation for a Celebrity signature and two HOF sport star signatures
1 1

24 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2022 at 1:06 PM, Monstertruck97 said:

Contact Steve Verkman (CSauctions.com) and see what he says.

Clean Sweep is a good auction house for something like this. 

Value, my guess? A few hundred. 

I did contact CS Auctions last weekend never heard back.

As cool as this is you're probably not going to get much interest from a true auction house. I'd bet the maximum you would get at auction would be a few hundred dollars. If these were "authenticated" you would probably not add much value but would ensure you get the maximum. Keep in mind all three of the signers are still alive and you can go out and get all of their autographs today on any item you want (Schwarzenegger and Swann had recent signings, DR J signed books are readily/cheaply available). Keep it until one of the 3 die and then hope there's a big pop. 

On 2/9/2022 at 8:03 AM, thesink said:

As cool as this is you're probably not going to get much interest from a true auction house. I'd bet the maximum you would get at auction would be a few hundred dollars. If these were "authenticated" you would probably not add much value but would ensure you get the maximum. Keep in mind all three of the signers are still alive and you can go out and get all of their autographs today on any item you want (Schwarzenegger and Swann had recent signings, DR J signed books are readily/cheaply available). Keep it until one of the 3 die and then hope there's a big pop. 

agree, you have to think "Who would want this and why, and how much would they pay?"

So none of these guys were actually in the Olympics, they're known for three different sports, none of which were for the ticket signed, and the three people have no obvious affiliation with each other.  So why would someone who has money pay for this specific item?  Why not get something readily available that falls in line with someone's specific tastes?

The most value would be to the person who got it signed as a memento of meeting three legends (or possibly that person's grandkids).

On 2/9/2022 at 9:54 AM, Monstertruck97 said:

The issue here is that it is one item from one consignor where they may make forty-fifty bucks at the end of the day and it may not be worth their time. 

Goldin is bigger than CS and doubtful you'll get a response there. 

Yah this has the feel of an item from Pawnstars that the seller wants $300, Rick buys it for $45, puts it up in the store for $200, and ultimately sells for $125 of trade credit.

On 2/9/2022 at 2:31 PM, revat said:

Yah this has the feel of an item from Pawnstars that the seller wants $300, Rick buys it for $45, puts it up in the store for $200, and ultimately sells for $125 of trade credit.

No. I don't think so. 

Try to find another one with HOF football player HOF basketball player and 7 time Mr Olympia attending the same event and all three signing an event ticket that puts them all in the same place in time.

I have it graded now. It has population of 1. Mr. Schwarzenegger has a much bigger resume post 8/1984 too so I just need the right fan.

On 2/9/2022 at 3:11 PM, mytastebud said:
On 2/9/2022 at 2:31 PM, revat said:

No. I don't think so. 

Try to find another one with HOF football player HOF basketball player and 7 time Mr Olympia attending the same event and all three signing an event ticket that puts them all in the same place in time.

I have it graded now. It has population of 1. Mr. Schwarzenegger has a much bigger resume post 8/1984 too so I just need the right fan.

I definitely agree that your best bet is to get one (preferably two) big fans to bid it up, and there's a bit of luck in play there.  If this were something in a fancy charity auction in LA, I could see the price going HIGH.  

I personally think its amazing, I just don't see the multiple sigs as a multiplier of value, nor the actual event (although Olympics is pretty rad) as a multiplier.  If this were like a Mike Tyson Championship fight, i think you'd be in business.  But I readily admit to not being an expert on the sports sig market (or any market really), so hopefully this is more attractive than I think.

I wish you the best of luck.

On 2/9/2022 at 5:11 PM, mytastebud said:

No. I don't think so. 

What do you mean by you have it graded? Do you mean that you have it authenticated? What population report exists for items like this?

Thats a super interesting ticket. If Arnold was in the 84 games it would have more potential. But based off what I see it wouldn't qualify for auction at goldin. Defiantly a unique one though. 

On 2/1/2022 at 11:06 AM, mytastebud said:

I will give this a bump hoping someone will help. (shrug)

He reached out to me and I responded with a more detailed appraisal of the item.

In a matter of several days, he got the item "graded" and added to population which I am unsure what population this could be added to.

Not to mention while I think he thinks it is worth far more, it will cost him $100 just to authenticate those three and add on top of that, encapsulation and misc. fees. With how backed up they are, I am unsure what to make of any of this now and an updated scan and/or link would be helpful.

On 2/11/2022 at 1:46 PM, Monstertruck97 said:

He reached out to me and I responded with a more detailed appraisal of the item.

In a matter of several days, he got the item "graded" and added to population which I am unsure what population this could be added to.

Not to mention while I think he thinks it is worth far more, it will cost him $100 just to authenticate those three and add on top of that, encapsulation and misc. fees. With how backed up they are, I am unsure what to make of any of this now and an updated scan and/or link would be helpful.

Population of graded olympic weightlifting event tickets? That's gotta be a 1 of 1.

It's graded with another company. I didn't want to stir any pot I am not supposed to. I love CGC and would always use their service over any other. I can supply anyone with the certification verification number through PM if interested.

As a chef in So California in the fine dining sector I've met hundreds of celebrities, sports figures and movie stars. To me this item stands out with a low attendance event to start, a well attended (maybe the most in history) Olympic games and the weird mix of important signatures. I was lucky enough to go to multiple gold medal events.

I've collected and sold a very wide range of items (mainly comic books) over the last 38 years but I was hoping to get a little guidance here thats all. I think it's a shame to value someone's signature more when they have passed

On 2/11/2022 at 6:20 PM, mytastebud said:

It's graded with another company. I didn't want to stir any pot I am not supposed to. I love CGC and would always use their service over any other. I can supply anyone with the certification verification number through PM if interested.

As a chef in So California in the fine dining sector I've met hundreds of celebrities, sports figures and movie stars. To me this item stands out with a low attendance event to start, a well attended (maybe the most in history) Olympic games and the weird mix of important signatures. I was lucky enough to go to multiple gold medal events.

I've collected and sold a very wide range of items (mainly comic books) over the last 38 years but I was hoping to get a little guidance here thats all. I think it's a shame to value someone's signature more when they have passed

You literally withheld extremely relevant information when asking for help. If these are verified (not the same as witnessed) signatures you can determine the top value you’d get at auction by looking at what those celebrities sign for. Do you have pictures of them with the ticket? Is that a pin through the ticket? Is it in a display that you’d sell with it?

Here I’ll breakout the value for you:

Ungraded Olympic ticket: $25

Arnold signature (last signings fee): $450

Dr J signature (last signing fee): $100

Lynn Swann signature (last signing fee): $220

total: $895 + 10% for PSA/DNA 

It’s a very tough piece to auction. Value is low for a premier auction house, odd pairing of random celebrities, ungraded ticket… eBay is your best bet. I’d be pretty shocked if you got more than $500.