• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is anyone planning to attend Heritage’s Collector Summit the end of May
4 4

66 posts in this topic

I wouldn't be allowed into the venue, but if I were to go there, maybe some of these affluent collectors would deign to let me lie down in any puddles in their paths so that they wouldn't have to get their Allen Edmonds wing-tip shoes wet.

Then maybe they would let me look down into the puddles and see the reflections of the edges of their CGC cases containing their six- and seven-figure books.

Edited by jimbo_7071

On 1/14/2022 at 10:01 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

This event  is the brain child of some golden age focus collectors to have a collector focused event for trading, sales and to hopefully have some mid to high end books there, especially golden age and pulps.

The slightly higher than normal entry charge is because there are less dealers and more space for folks to network, so everybody who comes gets to be a dealer of sorts. 

This is not an event that is conceived by Heritage, but I am planning to attend and we are a sponsor. 

The entry fee isn't an issue, and the idea sounds pretty cool, but Washington is a long way from Dallas as the crow flies.  I'm not boarding any crows and to get me on a plane would require a straight-jacket from Bellevue.  :fear:

I'm sure this will be a great event for west coast collectors.  Make the next one at the Dallas Heritage and ...assuming there's no pandemic surge... you'd likely get my $100 and the attention of a number of other in-state notables. And rumors to the contrary, we don't request folks from out of state to use regional euphemisms like "yee-haw" ...except when buying big ticket comics! lol

:cheers:

On 1/14/2022 at 8:52 PM, Cat-Man_America said:

The entry fee isn't an issue, and the idea sounds pretty cool, but Washington is a long way from Dallas as the crow flies.  I'm not boarding any crows and to get me on a plane would require a straight-jacket from Bellevue.  :fear:

Have you forgotten all about your younger days when the hip in generation crowd use to go on the cheap by thumbing their way across the country? :bigsmile:

On 1/14/2022 at 9:16 PM, lou_fine said:

Have you forgotten all about your younger days when the hip in generation crowd use to go on the cheap by thumbing their way across the country? :bigsmile:

Me and two friends actually did that right after high school. On our way to Europe where we did it most every where.

Back in the day, it wasn’t ever a problem. Now days, if I were to see someone who looked like we did, not only wouldn’t I stop, but instead, lock my doors and step on the gas…

On 1/14/2022 at 9:01 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

This event  is the brain child of some golden age focus collectors to have a collector focused event for trading, sales and to hopefully have some mid to high end books there, especially golden age and pulps.

The slightly higher than normal entry charge is because there are less dealers and more space for folks to network, so everybody who comes gets to be a dealer of sorts. 

This is not an event that is conceived by Heritage, but I am planning to attend and we are a sponsor. 

I don't want to trade or sell, only buy.  It seems like it would be a fun way to network, and with all the new blood in the hobby that's a necessary thing.  

On 1/14/2022 at 10:26 PM, atomised said:

. . .  They also threw in the buzz word "inclusive" so maybe they already got feedback.

. . .

We strive to be an inclusive community by encouraging all attendees to be involved in the marketplace at the event, not just the dealers

‘Come and enjoy the diversity of genres, encased in sustainable plastic.

On 1/14/2022 at 2:42 PM, Robot Man said:

How is this limited to only “higher end collectors”. Do you need to show a bank statement at the door? Or is there a “secret handshake”?

I’m afraid this over inflated current market has already choked out a lot of collectors. Smaller, younger future collectors just don’t have a chance any more. And many younger folks who are buying for monetary investment are in for a rude awakening when they decide to cash in.

I personally know two younger local  flippers who have dropped out of the party and sold their books at s loss. Two less deep pocket buyers for me. 

NOT good for the hobby in the long run. 

A few suitcases full of hunnerts is all that you need to show...

Edited by pemart1966