• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE EQUALIZER 3 starring Denzel Washington (2023)
1 1

36 posts in this topic

Denzel Washington confirmed the news of The Equalizer 3 to Black Film while promoting his latest film, The Tragedy of Macbeth. Antoine Fuqua is in talks to return to direct the Equalizer sequel and Washington added a few more details while speaking with Collider.

They have written the third Equalizer, so I’m scheduled to do that. So I gotta get in shape and start beating people up again. I get to beat people up again. The Tragedy of Macbeth and then going and beating some people up. Can’t get any better, right?

The Equalizer 3 will mark the fifth collaboration between Denzel Washington and Antoine Fuqua after Training Day, The Equalizer, The Magnificent Seven, and The Equalizer 2. Fuqua expressed his desire to return for a third Equalizer movie not too long after the release of the first sequel. At the time, Fuqua said that he would “love for it to take place internationally.” I’d love to see that.

Edited by Bosco685

On 1/12/2022 at 2:05 PM, Bosco685 said:

Ending of second equilizer was a bit tame compared to first film which was like Home Alone-The Quickening.  Hope the third one gets a pacing like that.

the second one not close to the quality of the first, BUT...  it has that scene in the street with his former crew, where he tells them that because they killed susan, he was going to kill each and every of them, and his only regret "is that i only get to do it once."   so badass it gives it some redemption imo.

Edited by Straw-Man

During an interview on The Beard and the Bald podcast with Fuqua and David DiGilio, Fuqua explained how the casting reunion of Washington and Fanning came to be for The Equalizer 3.

“I think I was talking to Denzel,” Fuqua recollected. “We were on the phone just talking about [The Equalizer 3], and Man on Fire came up, talking about [late director Tony Scott], and we had talked about [his] birthday was coming, I believe, and Dakota [Fanning] came up, and I was, “How old is Dakota now?” And we were like, “Oh yeah, she’s about the right age,” and I said, “That would be cool to bring her back.” So, that’s how it sort of happened, and then I met with her, and I loved her as soon as I walked in the room and met her. I mean, she’s a great actress, but you meet people. She’s incredible.”