• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Simpsons Comics and Stories #1 w/poster…
2 2

10 posts in this topic

I thought I remember seeing that CGC would pull out posters, etc included with a comic before grading, but I’ve since seen a copy of Spawn #1 that was green labeled as incomplete because it didn’t have the poster.  Can someone clarify this for me?  If I submit a copy the book mentioned in the title, do I pull the poster or not?  Maybe the difference is that the poster was in the poly bag and not actually inside the book?

I just subbed a copy of that book. By "just subbed," I mean 9 months ago.  I removed the comic from the polybag before sending it in and kept the poster. I think you are right about the poster being separate in the bag.

680049641_simpsons1001.thumb.jpg.ea8d2af99d3d2570a13f4c19b6cac24c.jpg

I believe what you are thinking of is CGC's policy that it will not encapsulate LOOSE items that came with a comic. Say a factory bagged comic that included a loose poster or trading card. Posters and trading cards that are attached to the book are graded. If those cards or posters are missing, they would get green label grade if nothing else was problematic with the books (say restoration) 

On 1/13/2022 at 10:28 PM, Tony S said:

I believe what you are thinking of is CGC's policy that it will not encapsulate LOOSE items that came with a comic. Say a factory bagged comic that included a loose poster or trading card. Posters and trading cards that are attached to the book are graded. If those cards or posters are missing, they would get green label grade if nothing else was problematic with the books (say restoration) 

Sounds right to me....

On 1/13/2022 at 10:28 PM, Tony S said:

^^

Correct.  You would open the poly bag, put the comic in a bag and board, and submit the comic, but not the poster.  Same thing with comics that are bagged with trading cards and other extras.

From the CGC website: "CGC will not certify some floating items, such as free-floating 3-D glasses, or poly-bagged collectibles. All collectibles must be taken out of poly bags before being graded."

On 1/14/2022 at 6:28 AM, walclark said:

Correct.  You would open the poly bag, put the comic in a bag and board, and submit the comic, but not the poster.  Same thing with comics that are bagged with trading cards and other extras.

From the CGC website: "CGC will not certify some floating items, such as free-floating 3-D glasses, or poly-bagged collectibles. All collectibles must be taken out of poly bags before being graded."

Yep. I sent in my Buffy 1/2 and held onto the loose cert.

Buffy1-2.thumb.jpg.b5a065f2118048e0995cfedb66601fd0.jpg

Buffy1-2cert.jpg

Edited by MAR1979