• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Battle of the Golden Age Sci-fi Series
2 2

125 posts in this topic

On 1/14/2022 at 2:53 PM, Flex Mentallo said:

Good list. Planet Comics would have to be top of my list as well. I'd have to extend the reach into the Silver Age to accommodate Adam Strange! [And I'd have to squeeze Avon one-shots in there as well.]

Mystery in Space #56 CGC 9.0.jpg

Mystery in Space #60 CGC 8.0.jpg

Mystery in Space #63 CGC 8.0.jpg

Mystery in Space #66 CGC 8.5.jpg

Yeah I mean was close to putting MIS at #3. Love that series! Amazing cover art.

Got to say, I have never really been a huge sci-fi fan. Horror, that is another story. I easily have tons of them.

I do have some GA sci-fi though. The ones I have the most of and like the best are Planets and the ECs.

There is always something good to be said on GA & SA DC covers…

On 1/14/2022 at 7:52 PM, Robot Man said:

Got to say, I have never really been a huge sci-fi fan. Horror, that is another story. I easily have tons of them.

I do have some GA sci-fi though. The ones I have the most of and like the best are Planets and the ECs.

There is always something good to be said on GA & SA DC covers…

A guy who gave himself the moniker of Robot Man isn't a sci-fi fan!  I definitely didn't see that coming!

On 1/15/2022 at 6:36 AM, AJD said:

I think it would be hard to go past any of the EC sci-fi books with Bradbury stories in them. I think it's daylight to the rest.

True. I have never owned the originals, but I have them all in facsimile comic form, and doubled up with the color hardcover editions when those came along.