• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Needing Advice
1 1

29 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of selling a pretty nice golden age book and  wondering what the masses thought the best avenue might be .Would you go with heritage or my comic shop? On one hand i think heritage brings the best hammer price but after fees my comic shop might net the most profitable outcome . i guess my question to you guys who do this sort of thing often which way would you go?

On 1/14/2022 at 3:40 PM, Headless Horseman said:

Thank you for the advice Ryan  but I really don't have enough board credibility for someone to purchase from me at the amount I'd let it go at ,and I cant blame them I wouldn't either

15 year member is a long time. Don't see why it wouldn't be credible 

I'd try here too. Drop at least 10% from the lowest you would want from auction and see what happens here.

I agree that 15 year membership holds weight, but I don't buy past 4 figures. Slabbed? If so, here for sure.

other than that, more specifics likely required. Are you auctioning only? Hot book? grade range? etc

One book likely mcs over HA but hard to say, big enough book gets you good deal at HA

Edited by Bird

On 1/14/2022 at 6:55 PM, Bird said:

I'd try here too. Drop at least 10% from the lowest you would want from auction and see what happens here.

That doesn’t sound like a good idea at all. 

10% off the worst case scenario at auction????

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

I think it depends on the value relative to what you can afford to lose.  If a loss would be devastating then I'd farm it out to auction or the shop.

The boards are probably safer than any other do-it-yourself sale but it's not as safe as paying a pro to assume responsibility for the sale.

On 1/14/2022 at 7:00 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

That doesn’t sound like a good idea at all. 

10% off the worst case scenario at auction????

NO, 10% lower than he would WANT, or accept and feel good about it.

Not worst case scenario though.

Thank you guys for the kind words but I really haven't posted our contributed like most of you have, this is more than likely the best book I have in my collection  .I 'm at the age now that i need to start to move my collection and things have moved so much from when I actually collected that i am way behind the times .I never really thought the day would come when I would sell my books but this community has really been very helpful to me trying to catch up ! This is my only graded book I sent it off last month it is Ghost  6 the Bethlehem copy it graded at 8.5 and I really didn't have an ideal where I might sell it, the two places I mentioned are names I've heard here on the boards from forum members

On 1/14/2022 at 9:49 PM, Headless Horseman said:

Thank you guys for the kind words but I really haven't posted our contributed like most of you have, this is more than likely the best book I have in my collection  .I 'm at the age now that i need to start to move my collection and things have moved so much from when I actually collected that i am way behind the times .I never really thought the day would come when I would sell my books but this community has really been very helpful to me trying to catch up ! This is my only graded book I sent it off last month it is Ghost  6 the Bethlehem copy it graded at 8.5 and I really didn't have an ideal where I might sell it, the two places I mentioned are names I've heard here on the boards from forum members

I would call Heritage and talk to think about their fees. 

I think they would get the best hammer price, but if they don't drop their fees it may not be worth it. 

It's worth calling Comiclink and ComicConnect as well. I feel like those three would get the most eyes on a rare GA book. If all three have the same fees, go with Heritage. 

Just my opinion. 

On 1/14/2022 at 9:49 PM, Headless Horseman said:

131 posts in 15 years!

@onlyweaknesskryptonite posts more than that in 20 minutes! 

I don't know much about GA but there are a lot of reputable buyers/sellers here for GA, I'm sure you will connect with the right ones if you post in the GA sales thread

Good Luck! 

On 1/14/2022 at 10:32 PM, Bird said:

I am a GA noob, what about #6 makes it so valuable compared to the rest in the run? is it a SoTI book?

Classic PCH Bondage cover, scarce in grade. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo( afriend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 1/14/2022 at 10:32 PM, Bird said:

I am a GA noob, what about #6 makes it so valuable compared to the rest in the run? is it a SoTI book?

I'm not sure about SoTI, but it's an awesome cover. 

He's got a high grade pedigree one as well. Not allot of opportunities to own a book like that and Heritage has getting huge sales on unique items like this.