• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Multiple Copies of a Book
11 11

304 posts in this topic

As much as I maybe should have in some cases (ASM 3), I could never hold on to my duplicates. There was always something else I wanted, so I sold the undercopy. 

The only exception: when I was a teenager, I had piles of books signed on the cover at cons (raw). As an adult I wanted an unsigned copy of some of those books, so for those few, I own a signed and unsigned copy. 

I'm in the "upgrade" camp and don't really have any big dollar books as duplicates. (over $100) Mostly upgrading stuff I bought as a kid or when my grading experience wasn't as good as it is now since I joined the Boards 18 years ago. I've learned a lot being a member here. 

I have bought books I forgot to check off my Want List over again. 

"Two is one, one is none." 

IF I can, I would actually prefer three copies of key books - one low/mid to read without worry of damage, one mid/high for PC, and one for spec. 

But realistically, I'd rather have several different great books than a bunch of the same book. 

On 1/16/2022 at 12:43 PM, mr_highgrade said:

:whistle:

20201122_134433.jpg

20211120_165243~2.jpg

I remember opening one of our cases of that book and putting them out for sale when it first came out.  It was heavily hyped by both Diamond and Capitol City at the time so we ordered heavy, something like 4x the normal number of copies we'd order for Amazing Spider-man.  Most retailers did the same.

I think the only time I've ever intentionally bought multiple copies was with X-Factor #1 thinking it would be as popular as the relaunch of the X-men and that was only 3 copies. It wasn't the worst idea @ $1.25 an issue. Most of my other duplicates are from various sources such as upgrades, freebies from purchases here, forgetting I already had that issue :facepalm:, or drunken eBaying :insane:. I did acquire a collection back in the mid 90's that there was some cross-over with my collection but that included some key issues like ASM #300, New Mutants #98 and all the different covers of Spider-man (McFarlane series) and a bunch of early Spawn issues.