• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Laziness, Re-cycling and swiping in the GA.
9 9

274 posts in this topic

I'm interested to see what others can find or know about.

Obviously there is the classic one of WAR FURY 1, where the bullet in the head was turned around to make a cover in it's own right for the supposed 'classic' cover of HORRIFIC 8.

Don Heck the culprit.

lf.jpg

T0D6SAs.jpg

Edited by G-G © ® ™

I've just found this one by the legendary BASIL WOLVERTON.

The splash is from WEIRD TALES OF THE FUTURE # 2.

Please post any you know of, could be interesting....

lf.jpg

Weird Tales of the Future 002 (SPM - June 1952) 010.gif

Edited by G-G © ® ™

On 1/15/2022 at 11:06 AM, G-G © ® ™ said:

I'm interested to see what others can find or know about.

Obviously there is the classic one of WAR FURY 1, where the bullet in the head was turned around to make a cover in it's own right for the supposed 'classic' cover of HORRIFIC 8.

Don Heck the cuprit.

lf.jpg

T0D6SAs.jpg

I get why this is considered a classic cover but it bugs me on some level that it gets all the accolades it does. I guess it’s just the fact that it is a blatant blown up stat from the War Fury cover with just the blood stain flipped around. A quick deadline fulfillment at best. I know mine is not the mainstream opinion of this book, but it’s how I feel. Not to say I wouldn’t mind one in my collection though, just not at the prices it commands! :canofworms:

On 1/15/2022 at 4:37 PM, Jayman said:

I know mine is not the mainstream opinion of this book, but it’s how I feel.

Totally agree with you meister, which is why I put 'classic' in quotes.

The book leaves me cold. For one thing the tensions of the facial muscles are wrong the right way up, as the image was flipped.

The price it commands is ridiculous. After all An OA page full of stat images for example is penalised accordingly. Not so with this comic book.  (shrug)

On 1/15/2022 at 4:41 PM, G-G © ® ™ said:

Totally agree with you meister, which is why I put 'classic' in quotes.

The book leaves me cold. For one thing the tensions of the facial muscles are wrong the right way up, as the image was flipped.

The price it commands is ridiculous. After all An OA page full of stat images for example is penalised accordingly. Not so with this comic book.  (shrug)

I would also add that I do not consider it a true PCH cover, as it was swiped from a War book.

On 1/15/2022 at 4:48 PM, Jayman said:

I should include though, that if I had never seen the War Fury cover (which is far superior IMO). I might have a different opinion on the Horrific 3.

As would I, but shoulda woulda coulda.