• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Strange Tales #73
2 2

24 posts in this topic

Picked this book up on Ebay last year & wondered what the consensus grade would be.

The book has a piece of tape on the inside cover that measures 2 inches long. The back cover has oxidation. There is a spine split on the bottom that measures 1/2 inch and there's a tiny piece missing there as well. The spine is fairly flat but has small creases. The pages are off-white.

ST_73_frnt.jpg

ST_73_back.jpg

ST_73_frnt_top.jpg

ST_73_frnt_bottom.jpg

ST_73_back_top.jpg

ST_73_back_bottom.jpg

ST_73_insideFrnt.jpg

ST_73_insideBack.jpg

ST_73_spine.jpg

Edited by frozentundraguy

On 1/15/2022 at 8:14 PM, Wolverinex said:

Thanks for the tag.  4.0 or higher.  Pretty book!

Agree with my compadre on almost all counts, I think 4.0 is the ceiling on this one.  A grader on a bad day might try to say 3.5, but the front cover presents too well imho.

On 1/15/2022 at 8:11 PM, frozentundraguy said:

Yes I was at 3.5 as well :)  :shy: 

On 1/15/2022 at 7:31 PM, Funnybooks said:

I can talk myself into 4.5 but I won't

On 1/15/2022 at 7:36 PM, Funnybooks said:

or maybe I could...lol

talking-to-myself-peaky-blinders.gif.07a15ff2fba811d231a5f28f7943eb12.gif

:baiting:

Spoiler

I do it all the time.

Agree with the 3.5/4.0 range. I'd probably go 3.5 to be safe. That's a long tear (I assume?) in the LRC ... so a structural flaw that makes that area fragile without the tape. Still, looks great!

Thanks for all of the input. (thumbsu The Ebay seller had it at 4.5 ............. but that tape has me concerned. Still happy with the book, as that issue is fairly uncommon, though I see 2 copies for sale on Ebay right now. hm

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw="strange+tales+73"&_sacat=63&LH_TitleDesc=0&Era=Silver%20Age%20%281956%2D69%29&_odkw="hawkman+2"&_osacat=63&_dcat=259104&_sop=15