• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping mistake question

28 posts in this topic

So i dont ship much to cgc , my son does or i usually have my son drop off. But we  decided to send 6 books to CGC, mostly hidls. .  Insurance fir $1,800. So i go to post office. Im wearing  mask cause u have to in us post office. Glasses are fogged and i cant even see. Im blind without glasses. Told her i can't see lol.  Told the women ship cheapest method and $1,800 and need tracking.  She says whats in it .i say books. She says $35.  Take glasses off and use my card an card swiper not being able to read it. But all good. Got my 4 digut code in correct.  I go home and leave receipt on ny sons desk  . A few hours later he comes to me and says "whats media mail". I was like you got to be kidding me.

She shipped it Media Mail. Guess if I could have read the screen I might have seen it. Ugg.  I check the tracking and it already left on its way to a sorting facility so too late to go there and change anything and there closed. I know I'm not supposed to ship comic books media mail .100% my bad 

So anyone accidentally or on purpose ship books to CGC using media mail.

So worried now it's going to get opened and they're going to mess up the books etc.  Also worried they add postage and CGC rejects it  

Do I call the Post office and tell them on tuesday , odds are going to be half way there by then I mean what do I do.? 

Feel so stupid.  

On 1/15/2022 at 5:04 PM, spidrvacc said:

So i dont ship much to cgc , my son does or i usually have my son drop off. But we  decided to send 6 books to CGC, mostly hidls. .  Insurance fir $1,800. So i go to post office. Im wearing  mask cause u have to in us post office. Glasses are fogged and i cant even see. Im blind without glasses. Told her i can't see lol.  Told the women ship cheapest method and $1,800 and need tracking.  She says whats in it .i say books. She says $35.  Take glasses off and use my card an card swiper not being able to read it. But all good. Got my 4 digut code in correct.  I go home and leave receipt on ny sons desk  . A few hours later he comes to me and says "whats media mail". I was like you got to be kidding me.

She shipped it Media Mail. Guess if I could have read the screen I might have seen it. Ugg.  I check the tracking and it already left on its way to a sorting facility so too late to go there and change anything and there closed. I know I'm not supposed to ship comic books media mail .100% my bad 

So worried now it's going to get opened and they're going to mess up the books etc.  Also worried they add postage and CGC rejects it  

Do I call the Post office and tell them on tuesday , odds are going to be half way there by then I mean what do I do.? 

Feel so stupid.  

Wow! You asked for $1800 of insurance, and she sent it media mail. If there is a problem with the comics being damaged or not arriving at CGC, you might have a case if you sued the post office.

On 1/15/2022 at 3:04 PM, spidrvacc said:

Feel so stupid.  

You can't "call the post office"....

Meant call the local post office i dropped it off at to ask them to hold it, i will come back  i call them all the time. But it was already gone.

And yes im shocked she sent it Media after i said i needed $1800 insurance. I got star wars 1,2 42, venom 3 and FF annual 6 among the books.. 

Still i blame myself, i said books, did not say comic books. I got to figure the 1,800 insurance might be a red flag to inspect.ugg if so gonna be a mess if they do,.they will never put them back packed like i did.box in a box etc.  We shall see im going to track every day.

They will be fine....if you packed them really well with the "reasonable expectation that the post office will be rough as hell with it".  Whatever service is used the amount of throwing, slamming and shaking up and down in a truck is high with all shippers. At least with Priority and up you go on a plane trip instead of ground the whole way, but still.

:wishluck:

On 1/16/2022 at 3:39 PM, spidrvacc said:

Still i blame myself, i said books, did not say comic books.

Yes, but books can also be valuable and need $1800 in insurance. I think the postal worker just didn't take you seriously. Don't blame yourself. Blame the Post Office. They're much more at fault.

On 1/17/2022 at 3:35 PM, gradejunky said:

They will be fine....if you packed them really well with the "reasonable expectation that the post office will be rough as hell with it".  Whatever service is used the amount of throwing, slamming and shaking up and down in a truck is high with all shippers. At least with Priority and up you go on a plane trip instead of ground the whole way, but still.

I think his concern is that they will open the box to make sure it actually contains printed matter and nothing else. Then they won't repack it properly.

Yes, you know how we have to pack for shipping. In plastic bags, no tape, in s box then in a larger box . If they checked it yiu know they would open it up go through the comics if they know nothing about them looking for advertising etc. . just gotta keep my fingers crossed . 

So it just got to the post office in Sarasota FL.   I assume this is where it would get opened or not.  Will see when i get the delivered alert . Fingers crossed 

Then again its way early.was supposed to be there Sat. 3 days for media ? Maybe they opened it or they know CGC is comics or something and  changed to regular and there is a Due on it.  Guess will find out by tommorow. Again fingers crossed 

Edited by spidrvacc

On 1/15/2022 at 3:04 PM, spidrvacc said:

Feel so stupid.  

Don't worry about it, it will be fine.

On 1/19/2022 at 11:34 AM, spidrvacc said:

So it just got to the post office in Sarasota FL.   I assume this is where it would get opened or not.  Will see when i get the delivered alert . Fingers crossed 

Then again its way early.was supposed to be there Sat. 3 days for media ? Maybe they opened it or they know CGC is comics or something and  changed to regular and there is a Due on it.  Guess will find out by tommorow. Again fingers crossed 

Dude you are absolutely freaking for almost nothing.   I've had 2 packages inspected and denied media mail but I was truthful and said comic books so they probably got flagged..  They don't rifle through it but they will send it back to you for more postage.  So hopefully you had a return address on there.  But I think the chance is slim, very slim.

Anyone know how often CGC picks up from post office box. Tracking shows it arrived yesterday Wed  at 10:15 and was available for pickup and its still there. I checked my last 3 submissions and they were all picked up same day around 4om.  Just curious. If its not picked up tommorow by 4 ,. Will give them a call 

On 1/20/2022 at 2:58 PM, spidrvacc said:

Anyone know how often CGC picks up from post office box. Tracking shows it arrived yesterday Wed  at 10:15 and was available for pickup and its still there. I checked my last 3 submissions and they were all picked up same day around 4om.  Just curious. If its not picked up tommorow by 4 ,. Will give them a call 

I have no idea, but it’s entirely possible that they pickup when the PO BOX is full so they can be more economic (and environmental).      Or that the system doesn’t update in perfect efficient real-time.  

But if you’re anxious about literally one day when the package is literally ALREADY DELIVERED AT THE PO BOX, the rest of this process is gonna be a rough rough ride.    

get some CBD if legal in your jurisdiction and take a nap.