• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Avengers/X-Men (MAX) Yearbook 1993 - what is this?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hi all - I am across this comic in a $1 bin today, and was wondering what it was? I always thought it was some type of retailer incentive comic (kind of like the 1992 silver X-Men Hologram), but it has a cover price on it and now I am not sure. Does anyone know if this was a retailer incentive, a normal shelf comic, or something else? 

Thanks

20220115_200612.thumb.jpg.b54e25974f742b877fb82623db14c6b5.jpg

Not retailer incentive

here is what you're looking for

https://comicbookrealm.com/series/1386/19011/marvel-comics-max-yearbook-soft-cover-1

Edited by Azkaban

Thanks for the links! But none of those really say much about it. Thanks @revat for confirming this wasn't a retailer incentive. It just seems really weird to have a $20.00 cover price comic, that nothing but largely reprinted covers and pin-ups. But then again, it was the 90s.

There really wouldn't be much to say about it - no plot to discuss, random artwork to be perused.  I'm not sure what you were hoping to find out about it. 

Basically a way for Marvel to use a gimmicky cover to get paid again for artwork already commissioned and used elsewhere. 

Like when they make a comic comprised of pin-ups of art that was previously used as trading cards.  Cashing in on different ways to package the same product.