• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers #8 - 1st Kang - nice copy cheep! - PRICE DROP

7 posts in this topic

Circumstances have led me to downgrade my Avengers #8. First, the technical bits, then the book.

1.  :takeit:  in thread trumps PM conversations.

2. In the case of multiple PMs, or take its, I will go by time stamp. 

3. no HoS/probation people please. I'm Crimebuster, not Crimeenabler

4. US and Canada only. Shipping is included. Note for Canada: buyer is responsible for import fees

5. Check or money order preferred, but I will accept PayPal. 

6. please pay promptly, I have a crimefighting monkey sidekick to feed

7. If there's any kind of issue with the books, let me know within one week of receiving it and we can figure out some kind of return. But I don't anticipate any issues!

Edited by Crimebuster

Avengers # 8 - 5.5 - $2300 $1950

I posted this a while ago on the PGM book forum and the consensus was 8.0

However, there are some defects not apparent from the scans which hold the book back at present ,and I am trying to grade strictly.

There are some non-color breaking bends at the top of the book in the middle, by the A in the word "Kang." There's also a NCB on Kang's left hand. The back cover has a small bend at bottom right, which you can see in the scan.

There's a patch by the spine above Iron Man's head that has lost its gloss for some reason.

Most notably, there are two small patches of some kind of residue on the middle front cover. These can only be seen if the book is held at an angle to the light. I have inquired on these forums whether this residue could be removed with a cleaning and the consensus seemed to be no. The third image shows these two small patches of residue, circled in red. No idea what it is from. 

Due to this residue, I have a hard time giving this a technical grade above 5.5 despite how nice the book presents. 

As a result, if you want to have a great looking copy at a reasonable price, this might be your book. 

1819877559_av8.thumb.jpg.840feb3ca69b043a7e9537f87ad64fab.jpg

284172491_av8back.thumb.jpg.dae48a91dff9f5e99e0d1f8721891840.jpg

310869360_avengers8residue.thumb.jpg.8eb0417af1279c9c292489cab920eefe.jpg

Edited by Crimebuster

I'm dropping the price to $1950.

Not trying to get rich on this one, it's just a hard book to value right now. This is a really nice solid book in hand, and looks really nice for its technical grade. Hopefully this will find a good home at this price. 

Kang is my favorite villain in comics, so movie hype aside, this is one of my favorite comics. Everyone should have one! :cloud9: