• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pulp Marketing - How Pulps Advertised Themselves

27 posts in this topic

On 1/25/2022 at 7:59 PM, Pulpvault said:

And here's another featuring a pulp character that made it big in comics as well.  This time it's for Tarzan, from the March 1940 issue of The American News Trade Journal.

antj 1940 03 ibc tarzan comic.JPG

The display it deserves indeed!  This is awesome, SS20 is easily one of my favorite comic books ever published.  

On 1/17/2022 at 7:12 PM, Pulpvault said:

Pulps ran ads in trade journals, writer's magazines and other pulps.  Some reproduced covers of various issues, but some used new art.  If you stumble across any that look interesting, post 'em here!

To start with, here's one from The American News Trade Journal (an industry publication for newsstands) for Fiction House from August 1928, which shows the editors of their various pulps.

antj 1928 08 fiction house editors.JPG

However, now marketing has changed a lot and digitalized. I encourage you to read https://graduateway.com/essay-examples/digital-marketing/ to understand what I mean. This will be very useful for your understanding and do not hesitate to use this site. There are many interesting texts on various topics and many useful tools for students. You will not regret it in any case

Very cool combination ofart and advertising in these pulps! Thank you for creating this topic!

I wonder if we can see the development of such advertising in the 21st century, is there something similar now and quite popular?
Thanks in advance for the answer!

Edited by BernadettePaige97