• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Dracula Adaptation We've All Been Waiting For!
1 1

25 posts in this topic

On 1/17/2022 at 12:29 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Well...the good news is that it doesn't look like the WORST thing I've ever seen.

It's probably won't be the worst Dracula adaptation, either. The one with Rutger Hauer and the BBC series were God awful.

On 1/17/2022 at 1:36 PM, D84 said:

BBC series 

We don't speak of that abomination ever. ugh, my wife and I will sit through pretty much anything - but that series had us agreeing to turn it off fairly quickly.

Since most of the recent adaptations have been very disappointing we are rather focusing on watching earlier folk horror films for vampires (and other creatures) we might have missed since those seem to have much more variety, some of which are BBS (Before Bram Stoker) such as Leptirica. Some ain't at all good, but what they lack in quality they make up for in actual unique ideas and exploration of folk tales less appreciated.

On 1/17/2022 at 9:47 PM, Sauce Dog said:

If by divide you mean we found it lazy because they lifted the entire thing from an anime we all watched two decades ago :D

Interesting, I had no idea. I will say I really enjoyed the first two episodes and did not care for the third act.

Edited by ▫️

On 1/17/2022 at 1:48 PM, ▫️ said:

I couldn’t say, I had no idea. 

Pretty much the entire 'present' plot regarding the orginization (after Dracula is free from the waters) was done in the Hellsing anime series back in 2001 (though the story beats came before it in the manga in 1997) and they are not even that subtle about it.