• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC sent me the wrong order.
3 3

11 posts in this topic

I got all excited to see what was in the box because it was an order of 25 modern that I mailed to CGC back in May. I never look at the invoice first, I love to pull the comics out for the big surprise. Then I noticed some comics in the order that I dont think i would have ever sent in. Sure enough, the order was supposed to ship to CA not NJ.

What is the normal protocol for this screw up? Do I wait for them to locate my comics first before anything happens?

This is just terrifying because I have about 300 comics in cgc limbo since the summer.

On 1/17/2022 at 2:42 PM, Calm-Mix said:

I got all excited to see what was in the box because it was an order of 25 modern that I mailed to CGC back in May. I never look at the invoice first, I love to pull the comics out for the big surprise. Then I noticed some comics in the order that I dont think i would have ever sent in. Sure enough, the order was supposed to ship to CA not NJ.

What is the normal protocol for this screw up? Do I wait for them to locate my comics first before anything happens?

This is just terrifying because I have about 300 comics in cgc limbo since the summer.

Call them asap, don't bother posting on a fan board

What did customer service say when you called them? 

I think you should post on Instagram, tinder, and Facebook and twitter.  Then write a letter to Obama and Trump.  And then and only then, call Cgc customer service.

good luck

Had this happen about 3 years ago;  sent a couple of books for encapsulation a month prior, then a shipment came to my residence.  When I opened the box to view the contents, I saw 2 keys I KNEW weren't mine...meh

092_LIcgc.thumb.jpg.15c390979ab05981ad41455ccef9e31a.jpg

Luckily, there was an invoice inside with the owner's addy and email; took this pic and attached it to the actual owner's email, put the keys back in the box and sent the email and the keys to their rightful owner.  Received a discount coupon later on, but didn't act upon it, as I was waiting for my own slabs, which came about a week later.  Haven't sent any new subs after that, as I'm waiting for CGC to "catch-up"...:bigsmile:

On 1/18/2022 at 3:50 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:
On 1/17/2022 at 7:16 PM, revat said:

I think you should post on Instagram, tinder, and Facebook and twitter. And then and only then, call Cgc customer service.

good luck

May want to edit out the people mentioned. I've gotten warned for using political names.

fair, i tried to make it apolitical by mentioning both folks, everyone can be equally mad or happy or indifferent hopefully.

Lol.  Send out a mass email and ask if anyone has been waiting an unusual extended period of time for their order!   See how many replies you get!

I'm in Canada and have been waiting for a box of 25 modern for 8 months.

Take a look and let me know if it says "CA" is in "CANADA" or "CA" as in "California".

Good luck with the mystery.  I hope everyone right comics get to the right people!

On 1/17/2022 at 1:42 PM, Calm-Mix said:

UPDATE:

While speaking with CGC this morning my correct books showed up. They also stated that they will credit my account as well.

IMG_5747.jpeg

Edited by Honesty Comics & Collectibles