• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First time Long time
1 1

20 posts in this topic

Was gonna get around to submitting my Moderns back in the early aughts but got sidetracked with stuff.  Finally got around to submitting them this week prior to the price hike.  [__] books, Moderns, Pressing, “Fast track”, Prescreen, mostly ASMs, PPSSM and Secret Wars’es.  See you in the Fall guys, hopefully.

Edited by Chester Cheetah
edited.

On 1/17/2022 at 3:51 PM, Chester Cheetah said:

Was gonna get around to submitting my Moderns back in the early aughts but got sidetracked with stuff.  Finally got around to submitting them this week prior to the price hike.  27 books, Moderns, Pressing, “Fast track”, Prescreen for 9.4, mostly ASMs, PPSSM and Secret Wars’es.  See you in the Fall guys, hopefully.

@Chester Cheetah is one heck on an optimist. lol

On 2/11/2022 at 3:40 PM, Math Teacher said:
On 1/17/2022 at 1:51 PM, Chester Cheetah said:

Was gonna get around to submitting my Moderns back in the early aughts but got sidetracked with stuff.  Finally got around to submitting them this week prior to the price hike.  27 books, Moderns, Pressing, “Fast track”, Prescreen for 9.4, mostly ASMs, PPSSM and Secret Wars’es.  See you in the Fall guys, hopefully.

@Chester Cheetah is one heck on an optimist. lol

I think he'll get the books by Fall '23 pretty easily.

That batch changed to shipped.  Must be my lucky day.  Six rejects though.  No 9.8s, couple of 9.6s though.

Five months total for that batch.  All things considered not too bad.  Still have another batch from same Jan delivery stuck in CCS though.

SHIPPED.  Expecting receipt next week.  4 Rejects and nine 9.4s / 9.6s.  (I check online, dont care for unboxing surprises).  

Will prob re-submit rejects from these batches as I probably set the pre screen too high.

So all in from my shipment in Jan to likely receipt of both batches, 7 months all in.  This was with CCS, pre screen and fastrack for the whole thing.

Good luck, fellow comic nerds,

so then I resubmit the 10 books that got rejected off a 9.4 pre screen from these two batches, all of which had been through CCS via CGC and never touched in transition once they got back to me.  I literally immediately placed them in a box again and sent back to CGC in the same bag and boards CGC sent them back to me in and one of the books gets a 7.0 and grader notes says light fingerprints on the cover,

There is no other explanation than this place just plain sucks and has absolutely zero quality control.  An utter and total waste of my time and money,

On 8/31/2022 at 9:45 PM, Chester Cheetah said:

so then I resubmit the 10 books that got rejected off a 9.4 pre screen from these two batches, all of which had been through CCS via CGC and never touched in transition once they got back to me.  I literally immediately placed them in a box again and sent back to CGC in the same bag and boards CGC sent them back to me in and one of the books gets a 7.0 and grader notes says light fingerprints on the cover,

There is no other explanation than this place just plain sucks and has absolutely zero quality control.  An utter and total waste of my time and money,

Sadly your experience is not an outlier, not an exception, and is becoming the norm.

Blackstone's eliminated Q/C as it affects very bottom line padding to bonus' of their Executives who hop around from firm to firm every 18-24 months leaving a bloody trail of wrecked livelihoods in their wake. As long as CGC has more inbound business than in effect they can handle there will be no more Q/C.  When things turn, and eventually submissions  slow to lower than pre-pandemic levels, Blackstone will simply sell CGC. 

Edited by MAR1979