• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WonderCon April 1-3 2022

55 posts in this topic

Apparently finestcitycomicsd on IG reported a young thief apprehended in cuffs. Pictures and names the perp.

So lousy to see this going on. But great to see him get caught.

Any dealers in the LA area should take a look for the future. 

On 4/3/2022 at 5:05 PM, Robot Man said:

Apparently finestcitycomicsd on IG reported a young thief apprehended in cuffs. Pictures and names the perp.

So lousy to see this going on. But great to see him get caught.

Any dealers in the LA area should take a look for the future. 

Book him Danno. Check out the budge on his right side.  All suspects are considered innocent until convicted in a court of law.

5188F7ED-90DF-4C2F-B075-D16E81232A0E.thumb.png.12b76364044b142f108e8fddd4af5d1c.pngB323EA0B-5832-43F5-9425-657CDD1B7431.thumb.png.bda28af9a4aec68ef105ab6c53d4c693.png

Edited by BitterOldMan

I was surprised at how empty the show was both attendance wise and artist wise. First time I have seen them selling tickets at the door in many years. Show was alright but I was a bit disappointed overall. Hopefully as things go back to normal the shows will go back to what they once were. I got a pretty badass sketch of Wolverine done by the great Joe Rubenstein for my buddy though.

IMG_20220402_153918.jpg

Edited by DarkPhantom13

I went on Friday. Yeah, real light crowd wise. No big corporate presence. No Marvel, DC, Dark Horse ect. No big toy companies. Mattel, Kenner, Hasbro. Plenty of Funko Pop though. No Hollywood presence. A BIG blow to the SDCC folks. This is where their revenue comes from. They have been burning the “little guys” for years. Might have caught up with them.

I go to buy old funny books. Dealer presence, especially out of state dealer presence was really dim. I had fun. Bought a small handful of books but came home with 3/4’s of the money I brought and easily got through the show in one day.

As far as guests go. Not very many. And the ones there were mostly people I didn’t know.

My daughter grew up on the Teenage Turtles. I brought a carded Hot Wheels toy to have Eastman sign for her. I saw the line and the asking price for an autograph and just walked away. Seemed like a money sucking event for suckers.

At the end of the day, it was nice to be at a con. Buy a few books and see some friends I haven’t seen in a couple years.

The true test of this con will be in July. I probably won’t be going but doing Torpedo instead. They really need to up the ante for the next one. 

Wondercon was unfortunately not as successful for me as I was hoping. Was trying to upgrade a certain one of my Strange Adventure issues, but couldn't find one in high enough grade. Did manage to upgrade my #212 and #214 from 9.0's to 9.4's though. So that was awesome!

On 4/5/2022 at 11:18 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

Wondercon was unfortunately not as successful for me as I was hoping. Was trying to upgrade a certain one of my Strange Adventure issues, but couldn't find one in high enough grade. Did manage to upgrade my #212 and #214 from 9.0's to 9.4's though. So that was awesome!

Imagine how unsuccessful it was for that thief..... lol

I hope all the people he hit got their stuff back!