• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reprints Club - Marvel Tales, Marvel Super-Heroes, Marvel Collector's Item Classics, Etc.

32 posts in this topic

This is a great idea for a thread.  The first comics I really got into were Marvel Tales because at the time, they were publishing the peak of Romita's run and I loved those stories.  I was 5 at the time and even when my older brother told me they were reprints, I didn't care (or really understand), I just liked the stories.  Same with Marvel's Greatest Comics.  (thumbsu

On 1/18/2022 at 1:57 PM, KirbyJack said:

Yep, it’s MCIC 10. It’s not the only one, either, but I forget where the others are. Finding them is part of the fun!

My favorite part of these is that many have original or recolored covers. It's cool to see what the came up with.

Love these books! Back in the early (mid?) 1980s my local comic shop picked up a large high grade collection. It had been picked over by the time I got there. I picked out complete runs (minus issues #1 & 2) of the 25 cent giants from both Marvel Tales, Marvel Super Heroes and Marvel Collectors Item. He wanted double guide on all of them. I was pissed off but paid it after person_without_enough_empathying for like an hour. They ended up costing me $1 each instead of the .50 guide price. Even today they are the most under priced books on the market.