• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden age

9 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2022 at 10:45 AM, Pitt414 said:

Space 1999 is my favorite, I remember watching it on tv as a child. They’re all great. Try not to bend them so much handle them with care, ware cloth gloves 

Which theme did you prefer? First or second season?

some of the books posted are golden age, but some of them are silver age or newer. Golden age is considered to be 1938-1956, and as Marwood mentioned open your books to see the indicia and see the year of publication. If it is 1956 or older put it in the golden age pile. 

Edited by Artboy99

On 1/18/2022 at 7:35 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Which theme did you prefer? First or second season?

We have a tv channel here that replays Space 1999 every Sunday afternoon, so we watch it from time to time. Didn’t realize the theme changed between seasons. I remember it has a cheesy disco vibe.

On 1/19/2022 at 2:48 AM, Mucheee1 said:

We have a tv channel here that replays Space 1999 every Sunday afternoon, so we watch it from time to time. Didn’t realize the theme changed between seasons. I remember it has a cheesy disco vibe.

That was the first season. There was a great first season episode - The Troubled Spirit - that starts with a chap playing a sitar (or something like that) which rolls into the first theme. It was proper exciting. I used to be able to find it on Youtube but I can only find the sitar bit now so they must have removed it.

I liked both themes as it goes - both very different, but both marvellous: