• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED - Thoughts on ComicLink?

8 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2022 at 4:16 PM, Yale Stewart said:

I've actually never bought through ComicLink before, and I don't know, their terms and stuff seem kind of draconian in a somewhat unsettling way. I was just wondering what the general consensus was on them. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

It's also kind of odd how there's stuff that's been "Sale Pending" for literal months, possibly longer.

The sale pending stuff is odd, just ignore it. I use them for auctions (both buying and selling) and they work perfectly fine. 

Yes, the site feels ridiculously outdated but it still works so 🤷 

On 1/18/2022 at 1:16 PM, Yale Stewart said:

I've actually never bought through ComicLink before, and I don't know, their terms and stuff seem kind of draconian in a somewhat unsettling way. I was just wondering what the general consensus was on them. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

It's also kind of odd how there's stuff that's been "Sale Pending" for literal months, possibly longer.

I'm unclear about the "draconian", but I will say for me is that ideally a company lists out their terms clearly and transparently (makes them fairly easy to find) and then follows them.  I have found that comiclink makes the terms of selling and buying quite clear, and in my experience they have followed their own clear guidelines.  Are there other big auction houses with terms that are less 'draconian'?  And their website is fairly easy to use.

As for the "Sale Pending" for months at a time, I've never heard of that specific designation adversely affecting a buyer or seller, it's most likely an internal accounting issue related to potential returns.  But if that concerns you, no harm in contacting comiclink directly about what that means.  

The only auction site I've purchased from is ComicLink and have never had any problems.  I will add that the "sale pending" thing is not exclusive to CL - another site's list of a title I collect has had "sale pending" on half the issues for well over six months.  They recently listed under "New on the Site" one of these books that was not "sale pending" but had been listed under the title for as long as I've been watching there.