• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC 8.5 Superman #1
1 1

54 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2022 at 2:22 PM, MrBedrock said:

Church copy - Was an 8.0 and recently resubmitted for an upgrade.

Damn, if this is indeed the Church copy, and presents beautifully I'm sure with I assume nice pq, have to wonder what the Church as an 8.5 would sell for hm. And now the single highest graded to boot. Easily another 2+ mil auction result. Possibly over 3 mil though?

On 1/18/2022 at 2:31 PM, Robot Man said:

Got to hold that one raw when Redbeard owned it. VERY pretty copy! Wonder if it still has “that smell”?

Another possible record sale coming up? 

I mean makes sense that was the purpose of getting it bumped at the moment, especially with the high cost to get it pressed and regraded! With all the insane books selling as of late for ridiculous hammer prices, this would be a great one to let go right now.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 1/18/2022 at 5:31 PM, Robot Man said:

Got to hold that one raw when Redbeard owned it. VERY pretty copy! Wonder if it still has “that smell”?

Or maybe just occurred? Maybe this is the book that was recently wrongly reported as the Church AC1 selling in a private deal? G.A.tor said the buyer and seller would be announcing in Feb timeframe, if I recall correctly.

Edited by Readcomix
Typo

On 1/18/2022 at 4:31 PM, Robot Man said:

You said Redbread?  I can smell my pirate brother in presence.

Ghost_of_Redbeard_(Go_Away_Ghost_Ship).thumb.png.4bf67de9fd8681e2f5eb194bc23432b5.png

On 1/18/2022 at 2:55 PM, Iceman399 said:

Oh my if this is the book then does that mean that Spidey is no longer king lol 

If it is and as we all know it's only going to be a matter of time before this happens, then does this mean that all of the Marvel zombies and Spidey fanatics like @Jaydogrules will have a coronary on the spot.  :insane:  lol

On 1/18/2022 at 10:47 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Damn, if this is indeed the Church copy, and presents beautifully I'm sure with I assume nice pq, have to wonder what the Church as an 8.5 would sell for hm. And now the single highest graded to boot. Easily another 2+ mil auction result. Possibly over 3 mil though?

Single highest graded copy ( to date ) - 5 Mil easy.

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 1/18/2022 at 10:30 PM, Gotham Kid said:

Single highest graded copy ( to date ) - 5 Mil easy.

You know I wanna believe that, I really do but breaking 4 mil seems to be a tough feat. I wonder if only the 2 Action 1 9.0’s would have a shot to break 5 mil at this point. Would this Supes do it, or even break 4 mil, well I certainly hope to find out. Dear Supes 1 8.5 owner, please let the hammer drop on that bad boy!

Edited by LDarkseid1