• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I see how many CGC 9.8 newstand editions there are? Looking on GPAnalysis
2 2

32 posts in this topic

Well I'm looking at GPAnalysis and it is only showing sales history for the newstand from 2021 to 2022. The regular issue tracking goes back to 2002. Not sure why...

But anyways 19 were sold in 2021 and 1 was sold so far in 2022. Since all CGC books are serial numbered could you not just track the numbers that way to see how many exist? (At least 20 at this point) But what I'm also wondering is if I have an issue, send it in to grade it...They send it back to me graded, I'm not happy, crack it open, and send it back in. Would that register more than 1 book in CGC circulation?

On 1/18/2022 at 6:26 PM, KCode98 said:

So I'm looking on GPAnalysis and I see where they have the sales on the CGC 9.8 newstand but I do not see where I can find how many total copies of 9.8 newstand exist right now. Is there a way to see that?

CGC does not distinguish the two, they are lumped as the same comic 

On 1/18/2022 at 6:45 PM, KCode98 said:

Well I'm looking at GPAnalysis and it is only showing sales history for the newstand from 2021 to 2022. The regular issue tracking goes back to 2002. Not sure why...

But anyways 19 were sold in 2021 and 1 was sold so far in 2022. Since all CGC books are serial numbered could you not just track the numbers that way to see how many exist? (At least 20 at this point) But what I'm also wondering is if I have an issue, send it in to grade it...They send it back to me graded, I'm not happy, crack it open, and send it back in. Would that register more than 1 book in CGC circulation?

If you keep the original label and don't send it in, then yes they will count it as an extra book in circulation.

On 1/18/2022 at 6:46 PM, William-James88 said:

CGC does not distinguish the two, they are lumped as the same comic 

Does it not seem that newstand editions are catching on more and more? I see a lot of sellers differentiating them from the normal ones (rightfully so if you want $$$) but at some point will CGC not be forced to recognize the collecting differences here? GoCollect and GPAnalysis both recognize the difference...

Also I asked a grading on my X-Men 266 and it was brought to my attention the good fortune that I had a newstand edition. So it is a thing...?

Edited by KCode98

On 1/18/2022 at 6:50 PM, KCode98 said:

Does it not seem that newstand editions are catching on more and more? I see a lot of sellers differentiating them from the normal ones (rightfully so if you want $$$) but at some point will CGC not be forced to recognize the collecting differences here? GoCollect and GPAnalysis both recognize the difference...

Also I asked a grading on my X-Men 266 and it was brought to my attention the good fortune that I had a newstand edition. So it is a thing...?

it is a thing for some comics, generally for people who want what is supposedly rare or completists who want every iteration. Sellers sell, so the whole thing may be a bit overblown. I like the character art in the box, but have also caught newsstand fever so (shrug)

for some comics the DE are more rare (but that is generally discounted so forget it)

cgc started recognizing newsstands on some, asm 300, but had already graded many many of them already so there is no way to know how many already graded were newsstands and how many were direct edition

On 1/19/2022 at 10:26 AM, KCode98 said:

So I'm looking on GPAnalysis and I see where they have the sales on the CGC 9.8 newstand but I do not see where I can find how many total copies of 9.8 newstand exist right now. Is there a way to see that?

Do you have a particular book you're thinking of?

CPV newsstand editions are tracked.

On 1/18/2022 at 5:50 PM, KCode98 said:

Does it not seem that newstand editions are catching on more and more?

There are a growing number of :censored: pumping them with ridiculous misinformation. Coincidentally, there are a lot of buyers in the market who don't seem to know much about comics. 2+2=:flipbait:

On 1/18/2022 at 6:10 PM, Bird said:

cgc started recognizing newsstands on some, asm 300, but had already graded many many of them already so there is no way to know how many already graded were newsstands and how many were direct edition

They started arbitrarily and inconsistently separating some issues years ago, but I'm not sure there are any issues that have every copy properly acknowledged.

But what does ASM 300 have to do with this? CGC does not separate the editions for that issue.

On 1/18/2022 at 8:35 PM, Microchip said:

The tracker doesn't miss them (thumbsu

I don't know what the "tracker" is, but that doesn't answer this question:

On 1/18/2022 at 5:26 PM, KCode98 said:

I do not see where I can find how many total copies of 9.8 newstand exist right now. Is there a way to see that?

Listen, what you need to start collecting are the Euro Asian Newsstands. They are printed in English but sold in Japan, and have a small, super tiny :Rocket:hidden in the barcode. 

That’s what you want to collect. Super rare. 1 or 2 printed per issue, at most. 

On 1/18/2022 at 5:45 PM, KCode98 said:

But anyways 19 were sold in 2021 and 1 was sold so far in 2022. Since all CGC books are serial numbered could you not just track the numbers that way to see how many exist?

You can track what you've seen, but not the total number that exist. Which is the same problem with Newsstands in general, which some people refuse to acknowledge.

On 1/19/2022 at 1:42 PM, Lazyboy said:
On 1/19/2022 at 1:35 PM, Microchip said:

The tracker doesn't miss them (thumbsu

I don't know what the "tracker" is, but that doesn't answer this question:

How about just asking where you can find the Canadian price variant's price guide, and go from there.