• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Extravaganza!
3 3

78 posts in this topic

My man, that is one incredibly awesome story.  Congrats on getting all those great books at one whack.  That must have felt like you were dreaming - I used to dream about this kind of find in the 70s.  Still waiting for my dreams to come true!  Congrats!

On 1/19/2022 at 1:36 AM, MattTheDuck said:

My man, that is one incredibly awesome story.  Congrats on getting all those great books at one whack.  That must have felt like you were dreaming - I used to dream about this kind of find in the 70s.  Still waiting for my dreams to come true!  Congrats!

Thank you.  It’s kinda weird, you know?  One day I didn’t have any ASM issues, the next, a 99% complete run.  It has definitely been fun rebagging and boarding, flipping through all the incredible stories from past decades.

On 1/19/2022 at 7:45 AM, Wolverinex said:

What a collection!  Thank you for sharing the story.  It was a fun read.  Do you have plans of reading the whole arc?

Excelsior!

I’m really not quite sure.  A lot of it I’ve read in the past, individual stories.  But never one continuous read.

On 1/19/2022 at 9:25 AM, KirbyJack said:

What I got from that story is you're not really a doctor.

Seriously, as someone who sold a virtually complete SA run of Spideys, I can relate. Congrats! 

I play one on tv.  

But, thank you.  There’s just something different about SA Spider-Man.  Classic art, classic stories.

On 1/19/2022 at 9:55 AM, Wall-Crawler said:

As someone who aspires to have the full run and is short about 20 issues (including AF #15 and ASM #1 :( ) I thought this was a great story and congrats on the acquisition!

It was also very cool to hear about how you got back into collecting and your friendship!

Thank you.  You’ll reach your goal.  Might just take some “collection finagling”.

On 1/19/2022 at 11:59 AM, Treco said:

Great story! Thanks for sharing. Makes me wish I had a collector friend nearby. None of the friends I have in my life now are interested in comics. :foryou:

Thank you.  That’s a bummer.  Are there any shops or shows near you?  I’ve made some good friends just by going to those two things.

On 1/19/2022 at 12:01 PM, DocHoppus182 said:

Thank you.  That’s a bummer.  Are there any shops or shows near you?  I’ve made some good friends just by going to those two things.

I fell out of the local loop years ago as I got married and started raising a family. Basically stopped collecting. As I am getting older now and gaining more free time back, my goal is to maybe start making some shows again. The only comic book shops in my vicinity mainly just deal in gaming and new product, neither of which are of interest to me. Currently, this forum is my main connection to the hobby.