• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Extravaganza!
3 3

78 posts in this topic

On 1/21/2022 at 11:06 AM, KirbyJack said:

I used to be complete on ASM 1-150. About 25 years ago, a former boss of mine was moving out of town, and asked me to come look at his comics. He had mid grade, well read copies of ASM 154-295 (aprx) virtually complete. I told him what I thought they were worth, and he asked me if I wanted them. I said I couldn’t afford them now.

He gave them to me. 

Wow.  That’s a great story.  I can’t imagine the feeling you felt when he gave them to you.

On 1/21/2022 at 11:51 AM, Point Five said:

I missed the Annual #1 when I put together my early ASM run years ago, and it's bugging me now. I'd still kinda like one but don't want to sink four figures into it. 

His run of annuals weren’t complete.  For some reason they never held as much value to him.

On 1/20/2022 at 11:48 PM, DocHoppus182 said:

Thanks my friend.  We’ll have to meet up soon so I can show you some goodies.  I’m meeting up with Bill for lunch tomorrow.  

Not a problem man you deserve the props! Yep that sounds good, always cool to look at some books. Cool yeah I imagine he was wanting your haul bad! :insane:

On 1/21/2022 at 8:13 PM, Qtr milerocket said:

Not a problem man you deserve the props! Yep that sounds good, always cool to look at some books. Cool yeah I imagine he was wanting your haul bad! :insane:

We made a deal, but not on the ASMs of course.  Those are staying put.

On 2/19/2022 at 8:30 AM, DocHoppus182 said:

Interesting.  I wonder if anyone here remembers that shop.  Thank you.

That has to be among the more subtle store stamps considering the whole address is included. It's that very thin font.  Cool. If I lived anywhere near an old store stamp on my book, I would love to vist, check if it's still there, etc.  But I only have one, and it's for a business in Murfreesboro, TN!   Too far for me.    

On 2/19/2022 at 9:25 AM, Pantodude said:

That has to be among the more subtle store stamps considering the whole address is included. It's that very thin font.  Cool. If I lived anywhere near an old store stamp on my book, I would love to vist, check if it's still there, etc.  But I only have one, and it's for a business in Murfreesboro, TN!   Too far for me.    

I own and have owned a lot of books with the Bonnett’s book store stamp from Dayton, I live fairly close.  It’s really fun to see other board members post books with that stamp, knowing at some point in time, that particular book was “near” me.

On 2/19/2022 at 11:31 AM, marvelmaniac said:

Amazing Story, Amazing Books, Awesome, Love It!!! :cloud9:

I only collected up to #200, missing 3 books, AF 15, ASM 1 and 129.

Enjoy those books!!!

Thank you!  I’m pretty happy with how things turned out.  I wasn’t expecting to land ASM 1, but it just kinda happened.  I have a few that need upgrading.  The 13 has color touch, so, I’d like to replace that one.  Grade isn’t terribly important to me as much as no restoration.

On 8/12/2022 at 3:28 PM, pmpknface said:

Ok, this thread started off AWESOME! Congrats man. I wanted to post some of my recent graded books and couldn't find a better thread, plus it bumps your story so you win.

So, here is what I just got back, the ones in between are already graded 

16603322972027405886015495411626.jpg

1660332394143573320445771605265.jpg

1660332443491485485849182635858.jpg

16603324781935620805661016052896.jpg

Beautiful books, congrats!