• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Make mine......CGC??
2 2

47 posts in this topic

Hey dudes , I was going to post this it the turnaround thread but I figured it would make more sense to just post it in it's own topic.  I was going to send some silver age books of mine to C*** ( fill in the blanks) because I wanted these book in their holder. When I looked at the turnaround time there I had a heart attack! Granted, times here aren't that great but they seem to be moving at an average pace. The cost by going across the street would have been significantly less however in the end it almost would equal out to be the same. . So , with that being said even with the price increase I believe that CGC  just might get all of my books..Am I being delusional or is this a good decision? Sound off below! 

On 1/19/2022 at 8:39 AM, eddly said:

It comes down to why you are slabbing the books. If you want to sell them soon, best to go with CGC so you can more likely maximize your return. If they are staying in your personal collection with no plans to ever sell them, it doesn’t really matter who you go with. 

These  are staying  in the PC no doubt BUT if ever the day had to come where I had to part with them then I might as well put them in the CGC holder. Plus there's custom labels ! lol ty so much for your feedback 

On 1/19/2022 at 9:32 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Only you can answer this question.

This is  100% correct . It seems like I already knew the answer but hearing someone else speak it into existence told me I'm heading in the right direction.  Off to cgc they go and I can say that with a clear conscience.  

I mean I will maintain my following beliefs about CGC until shown otherwise:

- books graded by them tend to garner more value if reselling

-their cases are good and labels great

-they have yet to burn me and from many accounts if an error is made it is fixed (sure you hear some horror stories but the other companies have them too)

The competition may have a better case but labels are not good, customer service is wildly inconsistent, wait times are just as bad or worse and if you are selling a book, general population seems to expect some sort of discount if its not in a CGC slab.

On 1/19/2022 at 10:25 AM, comicginger1789 said:

I mean I will maintain my following beliefs about CGC until shown otherwise:

- books graded by them tend to garner more value if reselling

-their cases are good and labels great

-they have yet to burn me and from many accounts if an error is made it is fixed (sure you hear some horror stories but the other companies have them too)

The competition may have a better case but labels are not good, customer service is wildly inconsistent, wait times are just as bad or worse and if you are selling a book, general population seems to expect some sort of discount if its not in a CGC slab.

I started there when i first started grading books. I transitioned to here because  I liked  what i saw. I like the CGC process so I feel there is an advantage to sending books to Florida. On top of that, the customer service here is unbeatable.. I personnaly think silver age spidey belongs in a CGc holder. 

Make mine ..... CGC?

Yes frankly, see what grade I will get from CGC then I will keep or sell.  If I am happy with the grade, I will keep it.  If I need upgrade, I will sell it for the better grade. That was my cycle plan but unfortunately nowadays, CGC can't keep up with overwhelmed stacks of the comic books.  It already frustrates me because I need the upgrades ASAP before those prices will be skyrocketed - I can't sell it right now while my books still stick at CGC.

On 1/19/2022 at 7:51 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Hey dudes , I was going to post this it the turnaround thread but I figured it would make more sense to just post it in it's own topic.  I was going to send some silver age books of mine to C*** ( fill in the blanks) because I wanted these book in their holder. When I looked at the turnaround time there I had a heart attack! Granted, times here aren't that great but they seem to be moving at an average pace. The cost by going across the street would have been significantly less however in the end it almost would equal out to be the same. . So , with that being said even with the price increase I believe that CGC  just might get all of my books..Am I being delusional or is this a good decision? Sound off below! 

I would only do CGC.  My experience is that the grading is not much different, yet people generally expect a discount for "the other guys."  Have also had terrible experiences with customer service with "the other guys."

On 1/19/2022 at 2:28 PM, Poekaymon said:

I would only do CGC.  My experience is that the grading is not much different, yet people generally expect a discount for "the other guys."  Have also had terrible experiences with customer service with "the other guys."

Yeah customer service over there is abysmal rantrant

On 1/19/2022 at 3:01 PM, MR SigS said:

It's good to see you switched from Kool-Aid to beer ^^

:deadhorse: I know.

Oh that's golden!!!  here's the deal:

1. The wait over there for books to come back with pressing is over a year. 

2. They bill you upfront and right now i don' have money for them to send them books. Even with doing a press screen, it equals to about the same here.

3. I have time to save to pay for my orders.

4. It also makes me think more which book actually deserve to be in a slab. 

5. You guys are cool !

Edited by Ninja0215