• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Make mine......CGC??
2 2

47 posts in this topic

On 1/20/2022 at 2:40 PM, Ninja0215 said:

Maybe it's just me then but honestly I didn't want to send them books I'm not going to se for a year from now. At least  here, I can approximate when I'll see them again. I could be totally wrong but I'll take my chances. 

For sure, do whatever you want. I'm just letting you know CGC isn't going to be faster than the other guys. They will be slower. If it were up to me I would just hold off on getting any comics graded from either company. But I mean, once times get better and CGC fixes their QC nightmare, I'll be sending them a batch of books myself.

On 1/20/2022 at 3:20 PM, William-James88 said:

surpsingly, it seems you do. While PGX gets mocked, I have only heard good things lately, in terms of their grading. People seem to not send simply due to resale value, not because the grading is bad.

It's true, PGX resale is abysmal, though I do think they have one thing over CGC. The biggest problem I have with CGC, is their inner well. Honestly it does a horrible job of securing the comic book. SCS happens all the time with CGC's new slabs. I just had to send a book back, because it arrived damaged, with the inner pages pulled from the cover a millimeter or 2. All I can say is I've never seen a PGX books with SCS.

That being said, saying anything good about PGX is a death sentence on these boards, so for PR's sake, disregard everything I just wrote lol 

On 1/20/2022 at 4:45 PM, HuddyBee said:

It's true, PGX resale is abysmal

I want to add a caveat to this. While it is indeed true for moderns and common books, when it comes to rare GA it doesnt seem to matter. Granted, we can't do a thorough analysis since rare GA books with slabs from different companies showing the same grade don't come on the market every year, but everytime I see a GA in a PGX slab, I bid a lower amount than estimated FMV, hoping others poo poo it, but I never win. 

On 1/20/2022 at 1:08 PM, William-James88 said:

From what I know CBCS has minimal issues with lost books and orders. 

As for CGC, if you get books pressed, you ain't seeing them for a year. Doesn't have to be CCS, if you go to an expert presser who will then send them to CGC, that's also a year's time.

Straight up misinformation there

I've used a third party presser for nearly 100 books, and I haven't waited anywhere near a year, yet

On 1/20/2022 at 2:45 PM, HuddyBee said:

It's true, PGX resale is abysmal, though I do think they have one thing over CGC. The biggest problem I have with CGC, is their inner well. Honestly it does a horrible job of securing the comic book. SCS happens all the time with CGC's new slabs. I just had to send a book back, because it arrived damaged, with the inner pages pulled from the cover a millimeter or 2. All I can say is I've never seen a PGX books with SCS.

That being said, saying anything good about PGX is a death sentence on these boards, so for PR's sake, disregard everything I just wrote lol 

Thats because there is a very valid reason for it, not just on these boards

Their business practices were extremely shady, and as long as the same people have anything to do with the brand, it will ALWAYS be that way.