• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Page 2 of Batman 1?
3 3

71 posts in this topic

It is cool and I know it would be stupid money (as evidenced by Blowie).  Heck AF15 pages have gone for 2-3k in some instances.  There are so many other books I’d buy at a 6k price point that this wouldn’t even be a consideration.

On 1/19/2022 at 8:53 PM, chrisco37 said:

It is cool and I know it would be stupid money (as evidenced by Blowie).  Heck AF15 pages have gone for 2-3k in some instances.  There are so many other books I’d buy at a 6k price point that this wouldn’t even be a consideration.

Without villains there’s no hero’s!

If someone said hey this is $1000 i would do it

If someone said $2000, I’d really have to think 

If someone said $3000, I mean it’s cool but I’m not the guy for it.

That’s just me though. Obviously bigger Batfans than I as one can clearly see from prices that have been paid 

Kidding aside, I don’t think I’d pull that trigger at market, cool as that page is. For 6k, even though it doesn’t go super far in today’s comic market, I’d still want a (much lesser than Bats 1 of course) complete book.

Conversely, if I bought a box of golden age pieces and coverless and this was in there, I’d display it rather than sell it for $6k to go buy a complete key of some sort.

Go figure. I don’t get it either. Collector mentality.

On 1/19/2022 at 7:35 PM, Readcomix said:

Kidding aside, I don’t think I’d pull that trigger at market, cool as that page is. For 6k, even though it doesn’t go super far in today’s comic market, I’d still want a (much lesser than Bats 1 of course) complete book.

Conversely, if I bought a box of golden age pieces and coverless and this was in there, I’d display it rather than sell it for $6k to go buy a complete key of some sort.

Go figure. I don’t get it either. Collector mentality.

I would make a Xerox copy of one and display the copy.

On 1/19/2022 at 10:34 PM, oakman29 said:

I think I'd rather it stay all together.....🙄

Just funnin’ ya, Oak. 

I’ve got a Superman 14 remnant (14 interior wraps) and can’t bring myself to cut it up even though a bunch of collectors may enjoy a page. I do have a complete one, so I don’t t need the remnant in any way. I only have it because it came in a Golden Age lot I had bought for a Jackpot 1. But I have no need for it, no plan for it, and can’t bring myself to piece it out. And that’s just a chunk of a book that’s all about the cover.