• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disagreement with grade
3 3

23 posts in this topic

On 11/24/2022 at 6:08 PM, Bonlee said:

When they say multiple graders check the book it’s absolute BS,

I'm certain this is true, at least for some of the time. Waaay too many examples of the notes not matching the book or the grade being miles off.

Back when I sent in my first say, 50-60 books in early '20 I was overall impressed with the grading. It was fair & very rarely did I disagree or see fault in what they graded. Mind you, some were harder to handle cause one can always be an optimist about a book, even when you really shouldn't be. 

Now, outside of silver age submissions, the modern submissions are a joke. I had a 10 set that were all easily 9.8. a random 9.6 in there wouldn't have bothered me at all, however, I got, no mess, eight 9.6's and one 9.8, one 9.4.

I've been collecting for 30+ years, I know when a comic is damn close or a 9.8. I've had comics I read more than once from the 80's and 90's that I submitted and got 9.8 on because of the pressing/cleaning done prior to submissions. I take them seriously.

They just have half graders now due to the boom & the the customer is "literally" paying for it in loss of value of their submissions. I have stopped submitting moderns for now. I don't know when it will improve, but it sure as hell needs to, because I have no interest in wasting my money with CGC.

This is a recent purchase.  Pd a lot of money.  How did this grade out to 98? So if I get sigs on it will it retain the 98. My thought is no.  What's goin on with CGC.  I submit all the time and I'm starting get back lower grades amd now I'm seeing more and more 98 graded books that look like 94s to me.  I will b pissed if this thing comes back 94.  I don't know if I want it anymore.  I'm like some of yall now.  Don't know if I want to keep on submitting books anymore or buying these 98s with chopped up corners. 

Seems like they call them factory discrepancies initially, then when sigs get on them all of a sudden they're not.  

WHAT IS GOING ON?

20230824_011421.jpg

20230824_011418.jpg

20230824_011438.jpg

20230824_011523.jpg

20230824_011530.jpg