• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGCs is hiring
6 6

123 posts in this topic

May be an image of 2 people and text that says '9.6 Amaz AMAZING. 12 FANTASY å SPIDER MAN 4PMG $15 Hourly Minimum Wage AND $1,500 Sign-on Bonus! CERTIFIED COLLECTIBLES GROUP® *Subject to terms and conditions.'

Amid a booming collectibles market, the Certified Collectibles Group, which includes NGC - Numismatic Guaranty Company, PMG - Paper Money Guaranty, CGC Comics, CGC Trading Cards, CGC Video Games and CSG - Certified Sports Guaranty, is excited to announce two incentives to retain and attract high caliber employees. CCG has instituted a $15 per hour minimum wage for all entry-level employees, and CCG is once again offering a sign-on bonus: $1,500 for new employees who start by June 30, 2022. Interested in growing with CCG? Learn more: https://cgc.click/b1a.

Please tell me the graders get more than $15

Edited by toro

Well, that explains QC. For minimum wage I wouldn't give a mess either (that is minimum wage, isn't it?). 

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic

On 1/22/2022 at 9:30 PM, namisgr said:

Florida state minimum wage is $10/hour.

Thanks for the correction. I wouldn't fling customers' books into the boxes then. 

On 1/22/2022 at 8:16 AM, Gaard said:

Man, I haven't been to Arby's since last century. They got anything good there?

I've found Arby's bacon, turkey Market Fresh sandwich ok. I have at least one a year.

How many employees does CGC have, approximately?

I remember when the minimum wage in Florida was $3.35 an hour.

How anyone is surprised by this is beyond me

Been saying this for over a year now, they need warm bodies, not people who are invested in the hobby

Then look into the local  employment pool, and there you have the people most likely to get a job there.

Its extremely worrying when you see a "signing" bonus for an entry level position as well.

Turnover is most likely very high, and probably they are seeing the type of workers who come in for a week and leave after their first cheque.

On 1/22/2022 at 7:41 AM, Mucheee1 said:

Me too, but K-Mart was nice enough to start me at $3.40/hr.

In 1991, my job took me to Ft. Campbell ,Kentucky for two weeks. One night I was out getting gas at an AM/PM type place and I noticed they had a help wanted sign.  I asked the cashier about it and he told me they were starting out at $3.65 but if I was legally married and had children they'd bump it up to $3.75 as I had a family to provide for.

Who would not want to work at a place that values the family so.

On 1/22/2022 at 8:22 AM, Ijiwaru Sensei said:

How many employees does CGC have, approximately?

CCG now employs more than 500 people at its Sarasota headquarters and over 600 people globally. With many new openings at the start of 2022, CCG is once again offering a sign-on bonus: $1,500 for all new employees who start by June 30, 2022.