• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGCs is hiring
6 6

123 posts in this topic

Bonuses are treated as regular income on the 1040… but payroll companies often take out too much in withholding.  Almost like it’s calculated as a weekly salary.  But you’d get it back when you file because you’d have overpaid in withholding.  That’s why it was posted that you should lower your weekly withholding amount.

I was with ADP and created a Bonus 28 category to get around my staff netting so little on bonuses.  Without this workaround, they were netting about 50% of the Xmas bonus.  Sucked. ADP said they were doing what they were supposed to do.  

On 1/23/2022 at 12:53 PM, lizards2 said:

When I worked for the feds, any type of bonus was immediately taxed at 45%. Of course hardly anyone was in that type of tax bracket, so you didn't really get the full bonus until you did your taxes the next year.

I guess when Blackstone is taken over by the Feds this will also become the policy for CGC signing bonuses, too.  :wink:

On 1/24/2022 at 8:15 AM, Lord Gemini said:

Not until now. Actually I have very few people on ignore. Just a select number of clowns who have been sufficiently annoying.

Mate, stop calling people clowns, or you're never going to fit in around here. People have memories, and these kinds of comments tend to stick with you. You know the whole 'treat others' thing? Yeah, do that. Yes, it's hard at first. But it gets easier, just go with the flow of the boards. Don't constantly get into fights. 

On 1/23/2022 at 4:20 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Mate, stop calling people clowns, or you're never going to fit in around here. People have memories, and these kinds of comments tend to stick with you. You know the whole 'treat others' thing? Yeah, do that. Yes, it's hard at first. But it gets easier, just go with the flow of the boards. Don't constantly get into fights. 

I'll do what I please, mate.

On 1/24/2022 at 8:29 AM, Lord Gemini said:

I'll do what I please, mate.

Well, good luck to you then. People are watching. 

On 1/23/2022 at 5:39 PM, Domo Arigato said:

I had the choice of cleaning out a septic tank with my tongue or talking to you.

I thought about which one would be more pleasant and made my choice.

I chose wrong.

:roflmao:

On 1/24/2022 at 8:34 AM, Lord Gemini said:

Oh no. :eyeroll:

Thanks for being here. We're lucky to have you.