• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGCs is hiring
6 6

123 posts in this topic

On 1/23/2022 at 2:29 PM, Lord Gemini said:
On 1/23/2022 at 2:20 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Mate, stop calling people clowns, or you're never going to fit in around here. People have memories, and these kinds of comments tend to stick with you. You know the whole 'treat others' thing? Yeah, do that. Yes, it's hard at first. But it gets easier, just go with the flow of the boards. Don't constantly get into fights. 

I'll do what I please, mate.

Circus Master! (worship)

On 1/23/2022 at 4:44 PM, CGC Mike said:
On 1/23/2022 at 2:29 PM, Lord Gemini said:

I'll do what I please, mate.

This is fine as long as doing what you please fits into the terms of use here.  

I kind of thinking all the "mating" might rile up most the spouses...., :yeehaw:

On 1/23/2022 at 8:31 PM, Lord Gemini said:

Understood. I would have stopped commenting long ago if several members of the forum hadn't felt the need to belittle me.

I think you should step your game up. 

On 1/22/2022 at 7:39 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:
On 1/22/2022 at 5:22 AM, Ijiwaru Sensei said:

How many employees does CGC have, approximately?

CCG now employs more than 500 people at its Sarasota headquarters and over 600 people globally. With many new openings at the start of 2022, CCG is once again offering a sign-on bonus: $1,500 for all new employees who start by June 30, 2022.

Clearly this is NOT the answer to the question which was asked, as they were asking about just CGC by itself, not the entire CCG parent conglomerate.  :gossip:

The job posting is for CCG which is the Certified Collectibles Group and the parent company which has something like 8 or 9 subsidary companies under its umbrella, of which the CGC comics operations side is just one of them and clearly only a small portion at that.  As has been stated before, the coin side of their operations is the largest and most significant part of their business and as we have been told here, the comics side was really nothing more than a passing afterthought to the previous owners.  Of course, we as comic book collectors think that CGC and CCS is everything, but that is clearly NOT the reality here. 

This is why I find it rather funny when so many boardies here keep saying that Blackstone had paid $500M to acquire CGC, when that was clearly not the case as CGC was not even brought up in any of the official announcements. doh!

• Administrator
On 1/24/2022 at 9:56 AM, thunsicker said:

Didn't some boardie --script a plug-in that did a better ignore?  Or was that the old boards?

Someone did.  Unfortunately, that was prior to the boards switching over to Invision on February 2017.