• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Regrading a CGC slabbed card
1 1

15 posts in this topic

So my question is will there be an option to regrade an already graded cgc card with out having to crack it out the slab ourselves? It would be cool if there was a submission option just for this, I’ve been wondering one of my slabs has a good shot as at a 10 but I won’t risk cracking the slab myself.

9A32E1F9-3865-4AC6-AC21-A068A5B32CB4.jpeg

On 2/22/2022 at 11:01 AM, davemamer said:

Maybe it's just me, but sitting here 2 feet away from my screen it looks off centered top to bottom (wider gap at top vs bottom).

Yes, right to left looks spot on.

But, I think you received a pretty generous 10 for centering

i mean its extremely hard to judge centering top to bot on the front of this game simply because the top has no boarder however its pretty well centered from left to right and on the back.

• Administrator

Hello

You can submit a slabbed card to CGC for a regrade.   However, for now, you should keep raw and slabbed submissions separate.  When you are filling out the submission form, be sure to select a grading tier, not re-holder.   You will be charged the normal grading fee.

Mike

On 3/24/2022 at 12:30 PM, CGC Mike said:

Hello

You can submit a slabbed card to CGC for a regrade.   However, for now, you should keep raw and slabbed submissions separate.  When you are filling out the submission form, be sure to select a grading tier, not re-holder.   You will be charged the normal grading fee.

Mike

Thanks Mike for the clarification!

• Administrator
On 5/26/2022 at 7:41 PM, masterpenguin said:

Kind of building on the original question. When resubmitting a graded card, is it possible for the grade to go down? And is there an option to only regarded if going up in grade? Thanks

We guarantee that the card is not over-graded so, the grade will not go down.  I do not believe there is an option to regrade only if the grade will go up, because we would need to crack the card out of the slab and examine it.  We would not be able to tell if the grade will go up just by looking at it through the slab.

Mike

On 5/26/2022 at 7:35 PM, CGC Mike said:

We guarantee that the card is not over-graded so, the grade will not go down.  I do not believe there is an option to regrade only if the grade will go up, because we would need to crack the card out of the slab and examine it.  We would not be able to tell if the grade will go up just by looking at it through the slab.

Mike

Hey there Mike. Is this still the procedure on regrades? Should I create a separate submission slip, keep the card in the slab and ship it in with the overall order? 

Considering my card is the old style label with subgrades, if it does not change grade would it maintain the label? Is the guarantee of maintaining the minimum base grade of what it currently has still there as well? 

I also have a few cards that were graded by a company called Puregradedx, I understand I can't do a crossover for them but can I submit them in the slabs and have you guys crack them to grade them? 

Thanks! 

• Administrator

Hi

Let me flag a few customer service reps and see what they have to say.

@NickiO CS  @MattM CS

On 12/13/2023 at 12:21 AM, bulldog1986 said:

Hey there Mike. Is this still the procedure on regrades? Should I create a separate submission slip, keep the card in the slab and ship it in with the overall order? 

Considering my card is the old style label with subgrades, if it does not change grade would it maintain the label? Is the guarantee of maintaining the minimum base grade of what it currently has still there as well? 

I also have a few cards that were graded by a company called Puregradedx, I understand I can't do a crossover for them but can I submit them in the slabs and have you guys crack them to grade them? 

Thanks! 

• Administrator
On 12/13/2023 at 12:21 AM, bulldog1986 said:

Thanks! 

Hi

This is what I was told:

For the first question, yes, the overall grade is guaranteed. But it would be put into a new black label and there would be no subs. As for the other question,  I assume we would just crack it out if requested.  

Hello everyone! I submitted a PSA 10 trading card for the Jim Lee signing, and just found out that it was ultimately re-graded as a CGC9. Is it common for CGC to grade significantly harsher than PSA? I'm debating resubmitting for a regrade vs. sending it back to PSA for a regrade and signature authentication.