• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's Your Grail Outside of Your Primary Collection?
5 5

62 posts in this topic

On 1/23/2022 at 7:24 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I’ve wanted this book ever since I first saw it posted on these boards over a decade ago.  Just never actually went after one. 

And now, I’m priced out of a decent looking copy :tonofbricks:

7A77A4FA-1ED8-478B-BE6B-B7E6D5CF1824.thumb.jpeg.bffc63f0e297b302a29f111ac505ca16.jpeg

Me too.

On 1/23/2022 at 7:30 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I find it mesmerizing 

Ever since I saw one on the boards I've wanted it, but it always ended up in the "I'll get it after" I  complete all my Warren horror. I'm still chasing some of that down. Now it just seems like its getting away from me price wise.😪

Not a book, but my grali has always been to own a working Gatling Gun.  I had a chance to buy a movie prop but passed as I wanted a real one. In the last decade, the prices have risen so crazily I now suspect i will never own a real one. 

On 1/23/2022 at 10:36 AM, oakman29 said:

Ever since I saw one on the boards I've wanted it, but it always ended up in the "I'll get it after" I  complete all my Warren horror. I'm still chasing some of that down. Now it just seems like its getting away from me price wise.😪

To be fair, if I had bought one...I probably would have sold it by now...and still be left wanting.:tonofbricks:

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 1/23/2022 at 9:51 AM, oakman29 said:

(worship) You provided me with one of my grails, and it will never leave my collection. So thank you for that.

I keep forgetting I owned that, which is good, because I wish I hadn't sold it! :tonofbricks:

Glad it went to someone who appreciates it so much though. 

On 1/23/2022 at 7:58 AM, ThothAmon said:

I believe Oakman will be buried with this (decades in the future of course). Literally. 

I love this book more so than any of my superhero stuff. Well except for my  fine/vf AF15 that I only paid 500.00 for back in the day.

On 1/23/2022 at 1:51 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Adventure Comics #61 - first appearance of Golden Age Starman would probably be mine. That or All-Star Comics #3. Tough to choose. 

All-Star Comics #3 is an honorable mention for me. I wouldn’t mind picking that up either if I’m not able to get an All-American Comics #16. 

On 1/23/2022 at 8:31 AM, Robot Man said:

I collect and have all kinds of comics. LOTS of them. Mostly GA but pretty much any genre is fair game. So, I have begun to set my grails outside of comics...

8865374279fd854be89803c3a9f7d03b.jpeg

Now it's a party! That would be a helluva goal.😎🤘