• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's Your Grail Outside of Your Primary Collection?
5 5

62 posts in this topic

On 1/23/2022 at 9:09 AM, Robot Man said:

And as you can appreciate Oak, a few more of these. Vintage of course...

Oral-History-Rickenbacker-1963-BB-Hero@1400x560.jpeg

origin.jpeg

coafjizoxeoz6kowo1ew.jpeg

A sixties Rickenbacker,  and a 58-60 gold top Gibson is a holy grail for me. Those P90's on that gold top have a distinct sound and tone that is something every guitarist chases. Nothing finer.

Sadly I dont seem to have an extra 200K in my pocket.😪

Edited by oakman29

On 1/23/2022 at 9:22 AM, Ken Aldred said:

I thought I'd go for something absolutely unattainable for me, and something I'd consider outside my normal focus.

The original art to these comic covers would be nice... 

770823.jpg

807453.jpg

Almost delusionally unrealistic.

(worship)

I am a comic collector and reader and I have a modest OA collection (my comic collection is modest as well). My core comic collection are what I call the Fox GGA books. While I collect lots of publishers, genres and ages, over the last 30 -40 years I managed to put together complete runs of Phantom Lady, Jo-Jo, Rulah, Zoot, etc. That being said...

While not outside of those interests (comics and OA) my grail would be an Original Fox Comics GGA page (or gasp...a cover). I've never seen one. While once in awhile a Fox Crime, Romance or other OA page comes up (super rare as well), I have never seen a Phantom Lady (Fox), Rulah, or any of the other ones. I have been told they don't exist, but I struggle to believe that. If that impossible page turned out to be by Baker or Kamen...well, then I could just stop and smell the roses. What would it cost? Probably a lot. But a collector can dream...right?

On 1/23/2022 at 10:24 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I’ve wanted this book ever since I first saw it posted on these boards over a decade ago.  Just never actually went after one. 

And now, I’m priced out of a decent looking copy :tonofbricks:

7A77A4FA-1ED8-478B-BE6B-B7E6D5CF1824.thumb.jpeg.bffc63f0e297b302a29f111ac505ca16.jpeg

That’s a spectacular cover.

On 1/24/2022 at 6:04 AM, Wolverinex said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRm2uWsPS1vRGiraik27YN Can't find my poster...But this will suffice.

Countach= niiiiiiiice. I'm a Transformers fan so I'd have to have one in either red or yellow (Sideswipe or Sunstreaker) and you'd better bet it'd have the gaudy Autobot decal on the hood. 

Ive always been attracted to the whimsy of the Inverted Jenny stamps.  A single stamp would suffice, but It I were ever serious about chasing one, Why not go for this block of four!  Whats funny now though, in 2022, is that our comics have caught up and probably have moe momentum going forward.

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 12.12.31 AM.png