• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this worth a clean and resubmit?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I ordered a 5.0 ASM 3 yesterday, notes say ‘soiling on cover’. It’s not here yet in hand but I have a good scan, looks like a dirt smudge or something. (By docs leg)

is this kind of thing worth sending in for a clean? It’s not graded by cgc and I want to get it in a Spidey label at some point.

It displays so well that I don’t care really, just want to see if I could get a potential grade bump if I crack and send it to cgc with a clean and press.  

2FB67548-6EED-4315-9D7B-8DB8D1B2F9E2.jpeg

D616AB2F-454B-40A5-98E5-0C2AEDE4B4E1.png

I’d say it maxes at 6 but cleaned up likely a 5.5.  If the value difference is worth it for half grade (which I think it is) up then do it.

im not an expert on clean though, nor do I know how much pressing might be needed.

but if you’re cracking it out anyways, post on the Please Grade my Comic subforum and solicit opinions first

On 1/23/2022 at 8:31 PM, revat said:

I’d say it maxes at 6 but cleaned up likely a 5.5.  If the value difference is worth it for half grade (which I think it is) up then do it.

im not an expert on clean though, nor do I know how much pressing might be needed.

but if you’re cracking it out anyways, post on the Please Grade my Comic subforum and solicit opinions first

Maybe it will be worth it. I’m not sure if a dry clean would lift that spot on the front. From the scan it looks like it is either dirt or grease and I’m not super familiar with dry cleaning tbh

On 1/24/2022 at 9:32 AM, Venomous72 said:

Yeah I think I talked myself out of it overnight.  This is a beautiful 5.0 (imo) and I should probably not mess with it.

I do want it in a CGC Spidey slab tho lol

Looks like you made the correct decision.