• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Small piece of glass in slab

7 posts in this topic

So have a question regarding a comic I recently purchased from eBay. So I'm gonna start off saying the shipping wasn't the greatest and could have caused the issue or maybe it happens regularly not to sure. Also I am new into buying CGC graded comics , So on the back inside of the slab there is a small brooken piece of glass in it. I can't see any cracks or where it could have broke off from but kinda just annoys me. Is this a shipping error or does this happen time to time. Also would I be better off returning it or should I just keep it thanks!

16430662820406373093922900895969.jpg

16430663056521345208838917247318.jpg

Thats a bit of a bummer. Id check the eBay posting pictures to see if the chip was visible there.
It might have happened during shipping. Cant say Ive noticed many issue like this with shipping.

Might be easier to just return it (if possible), especially if youre not happy with it.

On 1/24/2022 at 7:52 PM, Avi said:

Thats a bit of a bummer. Id check the eBay posting pictures to see if the chip was visible there.
It might have happened during shipping. Cant say Ive noticed many issue like this with shipping.

Might be easier to just return it (if possible), especially if youre not happy with it.

Yea sadly he didn't have but one picture of the front he offered a partial refund and to keep the book so think I'll maybe send it in for repair.

On 1/24/2022 at 6:19 PM, MichaelMcKinney96 said:

So have a question regarding a comic I recently purchased from eBay. So I'm gonna start off saying the shipping wasn't the greatest and could have caused the issue or maybe it happens regularly not to sure. Also I am new into buying CGC graded comics , So on the back inside of the slab there is a small brooken piece of glass in it. I can't see any cracks or where it could have broke off from but kinda just annoys me. Is this a shipping error or does this happen time to time. Also would I be better off returning it or should I just keep it thanks!

16430662820406373093922900895969.jpg

16430663056521345208838917247318.jpg

Looks like plastic.  Part of the case itself. 

Common issue with CGC cases if you pay any attention at all to Instagram, YouTube, or even here: https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/350613-where-in-the-world-was-the-quality-control-at-cgc/#comments