• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Pyrotechnic - just a straight up scammer and should probably be banned
5 5

80 posts in this topic

On 1/29/2022 at 1:09 AM, Beige said:

I hate to say this - but I think we are heading there - a 'registration fee' to buy and sell.

What would they offer for the fees? Buyer and seller protection? This would just lead to much more private sales I would think. I could envision a complete PM based sales threads that would function like a posted thread. This is assuming that PMs would not be monitored...

“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. But the tumult soon subsides. Time makes more converts than reason.”
 Thomas Paine, Common Sense :preach:

Again, instead of all y'all saying no - what's an alternative? :wavingwhiteflag:

Because someone will get done over one day soon. It's inevitable. (shrug)

On 1/29/2022 at 7:33 AM, Ryan. said:

Has anyone actually gotten scammed here by these obvious scammers? We don't need more rules to legislate against minor nuisances. 

Certain individuals seem to walk blindly with eyes wide open into a large black hole in the middle of the day.  Do we need blinking neon signs to say 'large hole in front of you beware?'  There was a time on eBay I would see Hulk 181s CGC'd being listed in the Russian Federation for prices that were so-so obviously a scam - I would put them on my watch-list as a joke and sure enough someone would buy it. :flamed: You cannot protect some people from themselves.  Sort of like putting a warning label on an 'adult' trampoline.  :banana:

Edited by Roger66

On 1/30/2022 at 12:10 PM, Roger66 said:

Certain individuals seem to walk blindly with eyes wide open into a large black hole in the middle of the day.  Do we need blinking neon signs to say 'large hole in front of you beware?'  There was a time on eBay I would see Hulk 181s CGC'd being listed in the Russian Federation for prices that were so-so obviously a scam - I would put them on my watch-list as a joke and sure enough someone would buy it. :flamed: You cannot protect some people from themselves.  Sort of like putting a warning label on a trampoline.  :banana:

https://www.9news.com.au/national/tasmania-jumping-castle-accident-wind-devonport-school-children-injured/ce388f61-3b6c-44e2-838f-30153068fc7a

On 1/29/2022 at 7:42 PM, Beige said:

Again, instead of all y'all saying no - what's an alternative? :wavingwhiteflag:

Because someone will get done over one day soon. It's inevitable. (shrug)

Of course it will happen. And people have been scammed before. You can't eliminate it. So let's say they fall for one of these scams. As long as they pay with paypal goods and services they have protection. If they don't its a good lesson to learn. 

On 1/29/2022 at 2:32 PM, Roger66 said:

“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. But the tumult soon subsides. Time makes more converts than reason.”
 Thomas Paine, Common Sense :preach:

the first zine every published!