• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Pyrotechnic - just a straight up scammer and should probably be banned
5 5

80 posts in this topic

On 2/5/2022 at 9:59 PM, gunsmokin said:

From time to time. Been buying a lot in the back channels lately.

"Hi, my name is Tim Daniels, and I'm calling about your car warranty and to see if you're interested in selling your comics books today."

I knew something was up with my spam calls lately...

(On a side note - Tim Daniels is usually the computer voice's name, but a very polite live operator from a call center in India identified himself as Tim Daniels yesterday.  I asked how Tim went from being a computer to a real boy, and homeboy hung up on me.  Guess I'll never know.  ???)

On 2/5/2022 at 11:09 PM, mattn792 said:

"Hi, my name is Tim Daniels, and I'm calling about your car warranty and to see if you're interested in selling your comics books today."

(On a side note - Tim Daniels is usually the computer voice's name, but a very polite live operator from a call center in India identified himself as Tim Daniels yesterday.  I asked how Tim went from being a computer to a real boy, and homeboy hung up on me.  Guess I'll never know.  ???)

389dd46d5266015015b186f42fa2c52c.jpg.ecdf3793fa63ceeaffce7cc4df708e4c.jpg

On 2/5/2022 at 11:09 PM, mattn792 said:

I hate it at all the time!!!

It must not be a HUGE issue, as this is the only thread that has been started in this forum for over a year.

On 1/27/2022 at 6:04 AM, Gypsyking said:

I got a pm for that scum too.

Here are some tips on how i avoid getting ripped.

1. After getting a scan, you can do a reserve image search to make sure it’s not just some random picture gotten from the internet.

2. You can request a picture with a tag or a piece of paper showing username and date so you know they truly have the book. 

3. You can have them list it on an escrow that way you are both protected

4. Make sure you pay with PayPal G&S or any other platform that provides security for both parties, you’ll always get your money back if they don’t fulfill their end of the deal. 

Everything listed here is not too much to ask if you will be paying hard end money over an internet transaction.

Now lets see how those scum of the earth can rip anyone off 

This member has the gull to try to rip off me after posting such . They replied back to my WTB stating they had the comic. Sent me pics, the very same as posted by another seller on eBay, asking me to pay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143849997518?hash=item217e20c4ce:g:BU4AAOSwVrZftSz4

AVOID this member. This site needs a report button!!!!!!

CGCDouche1.JPG

CGCDouche2.JPG

CGCDouche3.JPG

On 5/26/2022 at 11:27 PM, atari8bitcarts said:

This member has the gull to try to rip off me after posting such . They replied back to my WTB stating they had the comic. Sent me pics, the very same as posted by another seller on eBay, asking me to pay.

CGCDouche1.JPG

CGCDouche2.JPG

CGCDouche3.JPG

CGCDouche4.JPG

On 5/27/2022 at 12:38 AM, Gypsyking said:

That’s low man, you posted bits of our conversation and claim i want to scam you. 

Really, I'm low because I called you out for trying to steal from me.

Tell me then, you sent me pictures of an eBay comic currently in auction, slapped your fake torn paper strip (which is a terrible overlay by the way) on it, and called it you're own.

You're not the seller of that comic on eBay, you don't even own it.

On 5/26/2022 at 8:27 PM, atari8bitcarts said:

CGCDouche1.JPG

CGCDouche2.JPG

CGCDouche3.JPG

honestly, it might make sense to start another thread and make a HOS case.