• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pulitzer Prize Winning Maus Censored By Tennessee School District
6 6

144 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2022 at 1:37 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Anyone I know that has actually read Maus has found it to be a profoundly powerful story using animals as metaphors to examine a very dark period of the 20th century and the fallout afterward.  And I've shared it with plenty of people that don't read comic books and they're reaction was the same.  It is one of the best graphic novels ever made.  Period.

The ignorance and hysteria that some are allowing to run their decision making is getting out of control.  For the first time, I'm concerned about the rewriting of history.  I never was before because it always the lunatic fringe pushing this lunacy.

My plan for dealing with this?  I'm going to find an abandoned set of subway tunnels and stash all the cultural and historical artifacts these people want to burn.  Then I will carefully and meticulously plan their downfall as I don a Guy Fawkes mask.

Guy Fawkes is so gauche

I'm going to do it with a Toad mask

ToadTYD.png

https://www.annuityexpertadvice.com/states-that-dont-tax-retirement-income/

Well, I guess there goes Tennessee from my list...  :( 

Decision Time - T Minus 3,076 Days

Edited by Buzzetta

On 1/27/2022 at 2:59 PM, manetteska said:

Per the article, the book was banned "after officials objected to eight instances of profanity and an image of a nude woman".

Take from that what you will.

Censorship is Censorship 

Sex ed, is, well, education