• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your least favourite Batman era?
1 1

25 posts in this topic

On 1/28/2022 at 4:23 AM, awakeintheashes said:

I thought the Snyder Batman run along with Animal Man and Swamp Thing were the only real bright spots to that mistake. 

Snyder run was really good. I didn’t think the New 52 was the worst thing overall, I quite enjoyed the excitement of the re boot at the time, they really went all in for a while at least.

I’ve not felt that about any reboot attempt since, and when it comes to Batman this current era will likely just be remembered for its over use of the character.

But yeah 50s and 60s are probably the hardest to re read now without skipping most of the pages… No denying the covers are still fun though!

The early fifties was good, it was the later fifties when editor Jack Schiff decided that the Batman books had to mirror the Weisinger Superman books. So we got a Batman family, weird aliens from space, "Imaginary" stories(written by Alfred as Batman 2 and Robin2), etc. There was still some good stuff though, especially when the Joker would show up and bring the series a little bit back to its roots.

The worst era to me is the late seventies-early eighties where the Batman series was pretty dead creatively until we got to TDKR, The Killing Joke, and the return of Batmania. And then the book slogged through the nineties and, in my opinion, has still not recovered.

On 1/28/2022 at 3:53 AM, RickSp said:

and when it comes to Batman this current era will likely just be remembered for its over use of the character.

Seriously. It seems like 90% of all current DC books are Batman books.

Edited by awakeintheashes