• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED - Trading Challenge Round 7! - MS #32, MP #28, Doctor Strange #169, Strange Tales #169, Avengers Annual #10 and MORE!
1 1

24 posts in this topic

First, some rules:

1. TRADE ONLY 

2. No HOS type folks.

3. Each party will pay for their own shipping. 

4. Send me offers via PM and we will work something out there rather than in the thread itself

5. Returns both directions within one week of receipt. 

Edited by Crimebuster

Welcome to Round 7 of my Great Trading Challenge!

Last year I started a challenge: using dollar bin finds only, I am trying to trade up to an All-Star Comics #8! Along the way, as I find new dollar bin treasure, I am adding them to the pool. But no matter what I find or trade for, I'm not keeping anything for my personal collection until I reach the All-Star Comics #8. My hope is that I can find the books you want for your collection and trade them for you in exchange for something you no longer need that will get me one step closer to my ultimate goal!

So if you have some books that don't fit in your collection but are worth some money, consider trading them to me and get something you want in return! :)

This is round 7. I'm hoping to combine some of these books, so I'm especially interested in trading two or three of mine for one of yours. But I will consider any and all offers!

These are the books I have to trade today, along with the trade value:

Marvel Spotlight #32 - 9.0 - $310

Doctor Strange #169 - 4.5/5.0 - $300

Marvel Premiere #28 - 8.0 - $280

Strange Tales #169 - 4.0 - $270

Avengers Annual #10 - 9.0 - $140

Power Man and Iron Fist #66 - CGC 9.4 - $125

Flash #152 - CGC 7.0 - $75

X-Men #136 - CGC 7.5 - $60

Shanna the She-Devil #1 - 2.0 - $45

StarSlayer #2 - 9.0 - $35

Richard Dragon Kung-Fu Fighter #5 - 4.0 - $25

Red Ryder #65 & $85 - 4.0 - $25

Micronauts #1 Whitman variant - 8.0 - $25

Pictures to follow shortly! My scanner broke partway through, so some have scans, some have photos. 

Edited by Crimebuster

Marvel Spotlight #32 - 9.0 - $310 TRADED

A couple tiny spine tics. Faint start of a small crease lower right front corner. Bend bottom left back cover corner. 

I can take more pictures. Sorry my scanner broke as I was trying to do this one.

Edited by Crimebuster

Doctor Strange #169 - 4.5/5.0 - TRADED

This is probably a 4.5 technically, but I want to call it a 5.0, so I'm just going to hedge and call it both. lol

Extensive vertical creasing parallel to spine. The creases are more apparent in hand than in the scans, which is odd. The rest of the book is really nice, great color. 

Edited by Crimebuster

On 1/27/2022 at 10:25 PM, Crimebuster said:

Last year I started a challenge: using dollar bin finds only, I am trying to trade up to an All-Star Comics #8! Along the way, as I find new dollar bin treasure, I am adding them to the pool. But no matter what I find or trade for, I'm not keeping anything for my personal collection until I reach the All-Star Comics #8. My hope is that I can find the books you want for your collection and trade them for you in exchange for something you no longer need that will get me one step closer to my ultimate goal!

So if you have some books that don't fit in your collection but are worth some money, consider trading them to me and get something you want in return! :)

This is round 7. I'm hoping to combine some of these books, so I'm especially interested in trading two or three of mine for one of yours. But I will consider any and all offers!

Avengers Annual #10 - 9.2 - $140

Pictures to follow shortly! My scanner broke partway through, so some have scans, some have photos. 

so all of these books came out of dollar box diving or through trades from dollar box finds?  Pretty cool.

On 1/27/2022 at 10:32 PM, capt hook said:

so all of these books came out of dollar box diving or through trades from dollar box finds?  Pretty cool.

Yep! I've been trading for almost a year, so it's starting to get some bigger books. The ones in this pool that I actually got out of dollar bins are the MP #28 (a few years ago when nobody cared), the StarSlayer #1, The Richard Dragon #5, and the Shanna the She-Devil #1. The others I traded for. :)

On 1/27/2022 at 10:34 PM, Crimebuster said:

Yep! I've been trading for almost a year, so it's starting to get some bigger books. The ones in this pool that I actually got out of dollar bins are the MP #28 (a few years ago when nobody cared), the StarSlayer #1, The Richard Dragon #5, and the Shanna the She-Devil #1. The others I traded for. :)

Love the concept.  Keep on rolling!!!!

Strange Tales #169 - 4.0 - $270 trade

There's a long crease lower part of front cover that's a little more apparent in hand than in the scan.

Note a short, deep scratch on the back cover by the NFL Electric Football game. It's close to a tear, but maybe not quite.

Looks nice for the grade! Who doesn't love back cover flaws! 

img20220117_17375524.thumb.jpg.3167d2124ed3f310187ca6ed9d514891.jpg

img20220117_17395406.thumb.jpg.253499446fdad1d81b429c7dd426633f.jpg

Avengers Annual #10 - 9.0 - TRADED

Non color breaking bend upper right back cover. Upper middle bc, non color breaking finger bend. bends bottom edge back cover. There's a small non color breaking indention on middle left fc that you can't see in the scan.

Very nice copy!

Edited by Crimebuster

Some CGC books!

Power Man and Iron Fist #66 - CGC 9.4 - $125 trade

Flash #152 - CGC 7.0 - $75 trade

X-Men #136 - CGC 7.5 - TRADED

Back cover photos available on request. Would like to trade these for other CGC books if possible, but will consider any offers!

20220117_175315.thumb.jpg.f2ea2f45b66caf1c6cf136b68fe6de34.jpg

20220117_175412.thumb.jpg.bf8cec9772bb02bd9b96f78d6bd8bf1f.jpg

Edited by Crimebuster

On 1/27/2022 at 10:25 PM, Crimebuster said:

Avengers Annual #10 - 9.0 - $140

This is a ton of fun.  Can you tell us how much an All-Star Comics #8 (in your target grade) is likely to cost you, so we have a sense of how far you have to go?

On 1/28/2022 at 7:44 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

This is a ton of fun.  Can you tell us how much an All-Star Comics #8 (in your target grade) is likely to cost you, so we have a sense of how far you have to go?

I mean lowest grade 0.5 is around $15k, so he’s got a long way to go. 

Hopefully OP gets there like the red paper clip trades into a house.