• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage April Auction
6 6

534 posts in this topic

On 4/3/2022 at 10:03 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Heading into the final week of the auction, here's the current Top 10 (excluding the Fraz dino painting)

1. Kirby TOS splash = 456K

2. Romita ASM 50 page = 156K

3. Miller DKR 3 cover = 144K

4. Cockrum X-Men 106 cover = 93K

5. Buscema What If #1 cover = 78K

6. Lee Wolverine 24 cover = 75K

7. Buscema Avengers 85p1 splash = 63K

8. Byrne Xmen 137 page = 59K

9. Lee Xmen 271p4 = 55K

10. Dringenberg Sandman 8 page = 53K

Still plenty of room for increases for each of the Top 10 items, especially the bottom 5 items on the list.

The two pieces I am watching are still under 5 figures :banana:

On 4/4/2022 at 12:03 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Heading into the final week of the auction, here's the current Top 10 (excluding the Fraz dino painting)

9. Lee Xmen 271p4 = 55K

Still plenty of room for increases for each of the Top 10 items, especially the bottom 5 items on the list.

All of these pieces are about where we'd expect them to be in the last few days before live bidding, except for the TOS 59 splash.  If it gets the normal live bidding increase, then it's going to break $1m.

On 4/4/2022 at 2:03 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

9. Lee Xmen 271p4 = 55K

The unbelievable record prices show no sign of softening!🤷

On 4/4/2022 at 9:02 AM, Race said:

Kirby Demon action page going for over $20K (w/BP)... DC work, no movie/television tie-in... wow

Nicely drawn... 20 I can understand but if its 20 now, what is it later?  50?   Eek!

Edited by Bronty

On 4/4/2022 at 9:02 AM, Race said:

Kirby Demon action page going for over $20K (w/BP)... DC work, no movie/television tie-in... wow

Its the best auction for Kirby I can remember in a long long while....   PRIME ten page cap story, Avengers 1 page, Avengers 16 splash, loads more kirby cap, FF, 70s work, the hits keep coming.

On 4/3/2022 at 8:37 AM, tth2 said:

Amazing that a Frazetta painting from his peak period could now go for less than the splash from a minor SA key.  Admittedly it's not one of his top pieces, but still.

The book may be a minor SA key, but, there's nothing minor about the splash - it's a big trophy piece with lots of "wall power". 

On 4/4/2022 at 10:37 AM, delekkerste said:

The book may be a minor SA key, but, there's nothing minor about the splash - it's a big trophy piece with lots of "wall power". 

Yes and even the panel pages from the story look great.    They should all do very well.    Pages 4,5,6,7 look awesome and 8,9,10 aren't slouches.    2 and 3 are weaker but overall a terrific story from an OA pov.    Apart from pages 2 and 3 they are all pretty terrific, and even 2 and 3 still have cap in costume.

Edited by Bronty

On 4/4/2022 at 7:02 AM, Race said:

That was a piece I was watching and thinking maybe it hits 10k, boy was I wrong.  Guess I will just have to be happy with my splash that was unfortunately trimmed, impacts artwork.

35249525-2AD9-4E2A-BA79-6E7DE2CEA5CB.jpeg

On 4/4/2022 at 11:27 AM, batman_fan said:

That was a piece I was watching and thinking maybe it hits 10k, boy was I wrong.  Guess I will just have to be happy with my splash that was unfortunately trimmed, impacts artwork.

35249525-2AD9-4E2A-BA79-6E7DE2CEA5CB.jpeg

What am amazing piece... wow... whoever trimmed this was evil

On 4/4/2022 at 10:39 AM, Race said:

What am amazing piece... wow... whoever trimmed this was evil

Definitely sad it happened.  I plan to keep it safe going forward.  The really odd thing is I assumed it was cut down to fit in a frame but you can see whoever did it was either cross eyed or drunk.  They didn’t cut it straight.

On 4/4/2022 at 3:29 AM, drdonaldblake1 said:

The unbelievable record prices show no sign of softening!🤷

Yeah, I really think everyone who thought "the sky is falling" or "the bubble is bursting" failed to realize a massive step-up in collectibles.  I remember overhearing Vincent discussing this with another collector at a show.  He had a lot of foresight on this one and talked about the history of Leveling Up periods.  Pretty wild to see it come to fruition.  Ultimate Fallout 4, Giant-Size X-Men 1, Daredevil 1, Iron Fist 14, etc all seem like value buys now when in the moment felt like massive overpays.  Fun to watch!

On 4/5/2022 at 1:26 AM, Xatari said:

Yeah, I really think everyone who thought "the sky is falling" or "the bubble is bursting" failed to realize a massive step-up in collectibles.  I remember overhearing Vincent discussing this with another collector at a show.  He had a lot of foresight on this one and talked about the history of Leveling Up periods.  Pretty wild to see it come to fruition.  Ultimate Fallout 4, Giant-Size X-Men 1, Daredevil 1, Iron Fist 14, etc all seem like value buys now when in the moment felt like massive overpays.  Fun to watch!

There is no reason for it to burst yet. The economy is strong and inflation, which drives up all prices, is at a 30 year high. Wait until the next recession shows up, which is typically every 7-8 years (sometimes 6-9). A frozen economy (no increase in GDP) could also do it.

On 4/4/2022 at 1:18 PM, Drewsky said:

I am pretty sure that Demon page sold here on the boards, years ago, in the marketplace. 

Correct, I just missed it but the person that bought it sold it to me some time later.

On 4/5/2022 at 7:34 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Prices at Metropolis always seem to be “Leveling Up” :roflmao:

its a bit like the realtor that says

the market is up buy now before you miss out; and

the market is down buy now to scoop up the deals.

Whatever the market state, the advice is buy now.

Edited by Bronty