• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unwitnessed Signing Question

27 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2022 at 12:07 PM, SOTIcollector said:

why would anybody else right that name on the first page?

I tend to agree. Plus, we're talking somewhere around 1981. No CGC, right? Folks were reluctant to get a signature on a cover back then. I still am. I've seen signatures ruin, IMO, the overall appearance of the book. Anyway - downing a Russian Imperial Stout at a chill joint right now. What happens with my grades happens. I'm having fun... but it could be the 10% beer. Cheers all. Thanks for helping me out.

On 2/1/2022 at 6:44 PM, Calling All Monsters said:

I wonder if @joeypost counts pages for clients? hm I assume he flips through books for problems, but that'd be an awful lot of page counting. Could cause accidental damage too?

Agreed - but from my brief experience with @joeypost - he's a bad man. He's a cleaning ninja. 

Edited by Extrovert

On 2/1/2022 at 6:46 PM, Extrovert said:

I'm having fun... but it could be the 10% beer. Cheers all. Thanks for helping me out.

Sounds like great beer. And I know what you are going through, discovering this wonderful wealth you now have (not just monetary, but how key these books have become) and seeing just how good their condition is in light of the current market where one point could mean another 100$.

Edited by William-James88

On 2/1/2022 at 7:52 PM, William-James88 said:

Sounds like great beer. And I know what you are going through, discovering this wonderful wealth you now have (not just monetary, but how key these books have become) and seeing just how good their condition is in light of the current market where one point could mean another 100$.

I'm honestly amazed I was able to keep them in great condition over a 40+- year period. Through all the times I've moved. Through my children being born and growing up. It's pretty amazing, honestly. I also had a damn good eye to have as many keys as I do. Seems I was a better investor as a teen than I am as an adult. WTF? Cheers!

On 2/4/2022 at 1:56 PM, Inhuman Fiend said:

Nice book, congrats. Does look nicer than an 8.0 but they are just so incredibly tight right now. But I do have a question...let me make sure I understand: You've owned this key book for 40+ years and never once opened it and saw the signature? ??? :whatthe:

Yep, that's exactly right. I've got a beat up reader copy, but this one was purchased when I was a kid and always kept safely under wraps. So yeah, bummer - wish I'd seen it.