• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a crypto currency preferred by CGC or the comic book industry? I want to diversify and support my preferred industry if possible.

32 posts in this topic

While most individuals would define digital assets or cryptocurrencies as a store of value there is ONE that overlaps into the comics space that I have enjoyed. https://www.ecomi.com/ 

VeVe is an app-based marketplace for premium licensed digital collectibles. With VeVe, users can obtain common, rare, or one-of-a-kind digital collectibles, customize and showcase them in the virtual showrooms, as well as buy, sell or trade collectibles with other VeVe users - all from the palm of their hand.

OMI is their token.  Marvel & DC are strategic partners.

Pretty cool augmented reality pieces like McFarlane's Batman, Marvel comic reprint NFTs.  There is quite a demand and their app is easy to use.

While not financial advice as crypto is quite volatile, I do own several pieces of their collection. Good luck successfully getting anything as drops usually sell out in less than 10 seconds.

Edited by BDubs

On 2/2/2022 at 9:58 AM, BDubs said:

While most individuals would define digital assets or cryptocurrencies as a store of value there is ONE that overlaps into the comics space that I have enjoyed. https://www.ecomi.com/ 

VeVe is an app-based marketplace for premium licensed digital collectibles. With VeVe, users can obtain common, rare, or one-of-a-kind digital collectibles, customize and showcase them in the virtual showrooms, as well as buy, sell or trade collectibles with other VeVe users - all from the palm of their hand.

OMI is their token.  Marvel & DC are strategic partners.

Pretty cool augmented reality pieces like McFarlane's Batman, Marvel comic reprint NFTs.  There is quite a demand and their app is easy to use.

While not financial advice as crypto is quite volatile, I do own several pieces of their collection. Good luck successfully getting anything as drops usually sell out in less than 10 seconds.

Did anyone purchase one of the old era comic key issue NFTs? 

First-Ever Marvel Digital Comic Collectibles Arrive on VeVe | Marvel

You are talking to a guy that whenever he hears the term bitcoin, he thinks of those dollar store coin chocolates...with the gold foil...that you can literally bite.

Maybe that shows I am uneducated to a degree but when you have a concept that even experts have a hard time explaining, that concerns me. But hey, if you can make money off of something that is supposedly unhackable and exists only digitally, go for it. I am doing just fine working and doing it the old fashion way. Less risk and I am just as happy :)

On 2/2/2022 at 9:58 AM, BDubs said:

:roflmao:

On 2/2/2022 at 6:14 AM, Anson said:

Is there a crypto currency preferred by CGC or the comic book industry?  I want to diversify and support my preferred industry if possible.  

Buying into comics as an investment, to me, sounds like enough diversification already. And buying a 1/100 variant supports the industry far more.

On 2/2/2022 at 7:57 AM, comicginger1789 said:

You are talking to a guy that whenever he hears the term bitcoin, he thinks of those dollar store coin chocolates...with the gold foil...that you can literally bite.

Maybe that shows I am uneducated to a degree but when you have a concept that even experts have a hard time explaining, that concerns me. But hey, if you can make money off of something that is supposedly unhackable and exists only digitally, go for it. I am doing just fine working and doing it the old fashion way. Less risk and I am just as happy :)

I'm far from an expert, but the more I read about cryptocurrency; how it is created, the way it is secured, the expenses and limitations, and the volatility, the less credible an alternative to government backed currencies it seemed. They have their niche advantages, and have been a successful speculative vehicle for many, but the irony is they are dependent on the stability of the global currencies they would pretend to replace. 

On 2/2/2022 at 2:43 PM, rjpb said:

I'm far from an expert, but the more I read about cryptocurrency; how it is created, the way it is secured, the expenses and limitations, and the volatility, the less credible an alternative to government backed currencies it seemed. They have their niche advantages, and have been a successful speculative vehicle for many, but the irony is they are dependent on the stability of the global currencies they would pretend to replace. 

Exactly

Plus my juvenile brain sees “crypt”, thinks Tales From the Crypt and then I just get sad that I don’t have any in my collection 

On 2/2/2022 at 1:19 PM, 1950's war comics said:

i hope to never have to buy or use crypto currency ....ever !!

also i hope i am never forced to buy an electric vehicle

I'm hoping to be there when they drag you in in chains and force you to buy that new EV. 

On 2/2/2022 at 12:19 PM, 1950's war comics said:

i hope to never have to buy or use crypto currency ....ever !!

also i hope i am never forced to buy an electric vehicle

I don't plan on ever using crypto, but once the range between charges is higher and the charge time shorter I look forward to owning an electric vehicle.