• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a crypto currency preferred by CGC or the comic book industry? I want to diversify and support my preferred industry if possible.

32 posts in this topic

There is no crypto specifically preferred by CGC or the comic book industry.

However many sellers on the boards accept BTC and ETH as payment.

As mentioned above, the VEVE platform/app has an official license from Marvel Comics and releases digital NFT comic books every week.

They release digital comic versions of Golden, Silver, Bronze, Copper and Modern age Marvel comic books.

The digital comics are considered NFT's and are 100% readable.

The VEVE app is supported by the OMI crypto token which has recently moved to the ERC20 blockchain.

This is the way...

On 2/2/2022 at 3:49 PM, 1950's war comics said:

i forgot that i also never want one of those vehicles that automatically turn off every time you stop,, unless there is an easy over-ride button to get rid of that stupid feature

It’s the first button I press after starting either of our vehicles. Nothing worse than hearing my gas powered engines turnover at ever stop sign.

On 2/2/2022 at 3:00 PM, C. Spaulding said:

It’s the first button I press after starting either of our vehicles. Nothing worse than hearing my gas powered engines turnover at ever stop sign.

I hate when I forget to push that button. Wonder if there an after market fix?

On 2/2/2022 at 3:49 PM, 1950's war comics said:

i forgot that i also never want one of those vehicles that automatically turn off every time you stop,, unless there is an easy over-ride button to get rid of that stupid feature

I took my car in for work a few weeks ago and the shop gave me a loaner. It was a current SUV. I had never heard of a vehicle automatically shutting down every time you stopped and when I went to pick up my car, I told the guy he better have his vehicle looked at because it stalls at every redlight. He started laughing.

On 3/24/2022 at 5:06 AM, Gaard said:

I took my car in for work a few weeks ago and the shop gave me a loaner. It was a current SUV. I had never heard of a vehicle automatically shutting down every time you stopped and when I went to pick up my car, I told the guy he better have his vehicle looked at because it stalls at every redlight. He started laughing.

Years ago, I legit thought that kids with new vehicles were shutting their cars off at red lights, and starting them back up at green. (I drive with the windows down in the Spring/Autumn.)

Hey DomUga, I would buy 550 veve gems. Are you still available to do it? Overall, the currency theme is sensible because I recently had an academic work about the necessity of the penny's elimination, so it is a complicated topic.

Edited by KenNavarro

Have some changes happened on the forum, and maybe there is already a cryptocurrency preferred by CGC? I bet many users are waiting for it. And hey Ken, you brought to the topic an interesting subject. I know enough about “The Penny Debate” article by Brad Andrews. https://eduzaurus.com/free-essay-samples/penny-debate/ helped me gather the pros and cons of penny elimination. These free essay samples I read showed me the role of currency and its necessity in the financial system. Shortly, on the link, you can find out more.

Edited by BillPerez

1950's war comics, you made me remember the scene from Taxi 2 movie, where they had a car that turned off automatically every time they said Jap. That would be really funny to drive such a car in Japan, actually. As a taxi driver, lol. IMO crypto is a nice way to support any organization. No matter the recent btc crash, I still think so. Btw, my local comic shop accepts BTC payments. My friends and I mine BTC on https://www.moonbitcoins.com/dashboard, and every last day of the month, we give half of what we've mined to our local comic shop. So, as for cryptocurrency in general, it's already become a part of our lives, so we should expect to see a comic book about crypto soon.

Edited by DaytonGlenn