• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where cam I actually see previous comic sales????

6 posts in this topic

Every site wants a subscription fee, I'm new to this so if I do have to pay for this service and get access to previous sales trends etc which is the best site? Ideally I would like a free one but happy to pay if its a good site.

Let me know please 

Thanks

for relatively common books, most people use ebay 'sold' listings to get an idea for range of what things sell for.  For more complete aggregated data across multiple sites, in most cases you'll have to pay.  Most people here use GPA.

HOWEVER, if you just sign up for free logins of whatever auction/consignment sites you think are most useful (Heritage, comiclink, comicconnect, pedigree, others, mycomicshop?), in most cases you can look up past sales for free.  But make sure you account for buyers premiums and seller fees, and you'll have to aggregate the data yourself, which I know is work, which is why people who do it want to be paid.  Also note that offers that are accepted may not reflect the actual sales price.

good luck

On 2/3/2022 at 12:25 PM, shadroch said:

Between completed sales on ebay and www.mycomicshop.com, you can see what 99% of books sell for.  It might take a bit before you can easily navigate them but the more you use them, the easier they will be.

how do you find past sold prices on mycomicshop? Playing around with the search now but all I get are ones currently for sale

On 2/3/2022 at 10:55 AM, csaag said:

how do you find past sold prices on mycomicshop? Playing around with the search now but all I get are ones currently for sale

Here is one example of how you might find them.

1)Go to MCs

2) Look up Avengers 1.  You will see a dozen or so items for sale so you get an idea what they are currently selling for.  Ideally, one or more is listed for auction. In this case, the third book listed is up for auction

3) Click on the book slated for auction.  Look at the sales data  provided. You now can see the sales history of every one of the books MCS has sold going back several years.

You can get the sales history of any title that MCS has auctioned off.

Play with the site as much as I have and there are some other useful kernals of information one can unlock.