• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

content by C. R. Gaylord

3 posts in this topic

Often, an author who appeared in only one issue turns out to be a pseudonym of one of the other authors in the same issue. Finding a person who wrote only one story can be very tough. Searching the Internet turns up a Rev. C. R. Gaylord in 1936, but he is hardly likely to be the author of this. Best of luck.

What made you curious about the author?

Best
Sai

Well from what I know, my great-great grandfather (Rev. C. R. Gaylord) loved to write and was a Methodist minister who wrote tons of sermons. He also wrote fiction from what my family tells me, however none of them know which publications he wrote for or what any of his fiction was. This is what made me dive into what possible fiction he could have written, and I stumbled across this and considered lucky that someone indexed it. Perhaps this is the only story from a "C. R. Gaylord", however I was wondering if there are more out there. And trying to determine if it was my GG grandpa or not has been challenging!